The ONE Rare record you'd love to find (at a good price)?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

Pet Sounds Australian, mono, rainbow Capitol. It's much, much rarer than you think it is.

Gavinyl and MONOLOVER like this.
  2. DaveM4964

DaveM4964 Forum Resident

Would love to find a sealed copy of the Monkees Changes Lp at a fair price.

3. 2trackmind

2trackmind Forum Resident

The WLP of Sticky Fingers. Fold down or not, I want it!

MONOLOVER likes this.
  4. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

Leaf Hound - Growers of Mushrooms orig UK Decca. these go for $3000 to $6000 usually.

5. Gary Brooker-Echoes in the Night on CD (the one with the bonus track). I have a so-so mp3 of it but I'd love the CD.

MONOLOVER likes this.
  6. Musicmatters

Musicmatters New Member

Hi there
    If you are still on the hunt for the Lisa Hannigan Sea Sew Vinyl. I have a sealed copy for sale. PM me if you are interested buddy!

mikeyt likes this.
  7. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

You need to turn on the feature for messaging.

8. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

1. First state Butcher Cover
    2. Beatles vs Four Seasons
    3. Beatles Christmas album
    4. Ram in mono

MONOLOVER likes this.
  9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Elton John - Captain Fantastic - brown vinyl promo with autographs.

I know it says "ONE" record, but I'd also die for an original copy of The Man Who Sold The World.

10. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

Ole Tarantula by Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 (LP), Underwater moonlight by The Soft Boys, first LP pressing and Alejandro Escovedo Man under the influence, the latter seemed to be easily available on LP a few years ago, but now it's gone.

11. Tony Jonaitis

Tony Jonaitis Forum Resident

Captain Beefheart Interview Lp on Reprise
    Velvet Underground Interview Lp on MGM
    Modern Lover 1st LP acetate
    David Bowie's 2nd LP on Philips
    Lupin III box set of soundtrack music (Japan only)
    Lots more, of course, but these are the main ones.

Gavinyl likes this.
  12. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

13. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

The uber rare stereo Introducing The Beatles rekkid that forum member Craig Richards recently bagged.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    socorro likes this.
  14. MONOLOVER

MONOLOVER Forum Resident

Human Beast - "Vol. 1" UK mono.

Never even had a 1st press UK stereo of it, just CD:s, but since you asked for my highest wish...

15. For the record, I finally found a copy. Inexpensive as well.

16. The mono version of RAM was released as part of the deluxe edition.

17. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

STill easy to find separately as well.

wayneklein likes this.
  18. AppleCorp3

AppleCorp3 Forum Resident

Ill clarify then - an original Mono Ram.

I have a CD and vinyl copy from the remaster so it would be purely for collection only.

Apollo C. Vermouth likes this.
  19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

20. DaveyF

DaveyF Forum Resident

There are so many...:waiting:

However, I would love to find an M&K Flamenco Fever or a mint copy of Sheffield S9. Still looking for those Blue Note deep grooves...Anyone find a mint deep groove copy of Cool Struttin' recently? :faint:

Supafly likes this.
  21. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

A couple years ago, I happened to be in San Francisco visiting some friends while a music festival happened to be going on in the city, and it happened that this little-known Bay Area power-pop-math-indie-punk-something-or-other band called P.E.E. that I'd been obsessed with in college—to the extent that, as a collector, I actually hunted down some of their vinyl-only singles and EPs, despite not having and having no plans to get a record player—was playing a one-off reunion show for the festival. At the reunion concert, before the last song, the lead singer announced that he was "tired of storing the unsold copies of our LPs in my closet. They're at the merch table. Go take 'em. Free. And this is our last song." I thought, I don't even have a record player; I'm not really into collecting for collecting's sake anymore; I'll just stay up front and hear the last song rather than fight the crowd at the merch table.

And now I've been looking for their first record, Now, More Charm and More Tender, since I got a turntable. It's not even listed on discogs in LP format. I've never seen it on eBay, despite having saved searches for just about every permutation of their name (just 9 million copies of Pee Wee Russell's "Ask me now!"). I peruse the P sections at record stores in the Bay Area (where I now live) just about every time I go to one. The only online mentions I can find are an old "new releases" listing on an SF record store's page where the drummer used to work ("This is out of stock. Please do not order it."), some blog post by a guy saying it's one of the 10 records in his collection he'd save in a fire, and someone on another vinyl forum who was selling pieces of his collection, including this particular record ("Mods please delete this year-old thread, and everyone stop messaging me. Nothing is for sale anymore.").

ndoheny likes this.
  22. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Isaac Hayes-Truck Turner (Quadraphonic)

Gavinyl likes this.
  23. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

My answer would probably change depending on my mood, but currently:
    [​IMG]

Gavinyl and Dave S like this.
  24. MadMelMon

MadMelMon Forum Resident

I've been putting this one up a lot with all the FFS interest.

There's an unreleased Sparks album, before their official debut (they were still under the Halfnelson name.) Supposedly, 100 were pressed and sent out to try and snag a deal. I don't know anyone who's even seen one, nobody knows for sure what the cover looked like. It was supposedly bootlegged under the name California Folk Songs, but I can find even less on that.

The labels in this photo are so nondescript that they could be anything. The covers are fan designs based on a description of the original cover. At this point, I'd settle for a quick chat with someone who was in the same room with one.

[​IMG]

GentleSenator and Dino like this.
  25. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

I always told myself that I would never get involved with label variations when I got into collecting records 30 years ago. Flash forward 30 years later and guess what...I need a label variation to basically complete my McCartney vinyl collection up to the Driving Rain album. I have 99% of the promo 45's that were released and the same can be said for LP's. The one label variation I am missing is the Capitol Purple label 45 for Mull Of Kintyre. I think I've seen maybe 3 on Ebay in 16 years. There's been one seller that has a purple variation of Mull....but it's a Canadian pressing which is about 1000 times easier to find than a US pressing. Wish he would change his listing on ebay too...cause it never fails that it comes up when I do my searches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.