The ONE Rare record you'd love to find (at a good price)?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senseabove

senseabove Forum Resident

I'd be curious to see that description... "There's something to do with transportation, like—well, does surfing or a minecart-thingy count as transportation?—yeah, I guess transportation—or may be it was a parcel?"

eBay really needs a "block relisted item" or "block seller" option. I've got a saved search for a not really rare album, but people usually want more than I'm willing to pay to scratch the urge to hear a mono version of an album I have in stereo. But there's this one guy who's been listing for MONTHS a late-80s crappy repress for, like, 4 times the going rate of mint original because it's been "ULTRASONIC CLEANED!!!" I know you can block individual sellers from a search, but all of this guy's stuff is like that, and he pops up occasionally in other searches. I'd love to just block him entirely.

2. Chooke

Chooke Forum Resident

Not a record per se' but probably only available on a record from the distant past is the track "She (didn't even remember my name)" by Osmosis.

Linus likes this.
  3. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident

An original 1956 US Coral pressing of Johnny Burnette and the Rock 'N Roll Trio.

4. robertk

robertk Forum Resident

This goes back 35 years or more when I used to advertise for vinyl.

Probably the most expensive stuff for the music I like best was Ash Ra Temple stuff.

It was always pricey and double everything else back then and $20-$25 way back. So I never got all of their releases/Manuel Gottsching stuff. I always thought I'd catch it for a bargain---you know someone buying it and just hating that kind of music. So I never did find a deal for Seven Up. Man, the price of that today is nuts & my biggest regret was not buying it then since I listen to their stuff all the time for 40 years now.

Dumb.

stetsonic likes this.
  5. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

Pearl Jam - Benaroya Hall or anything from No Code - S/T - re-issues of No Code and Yield have to be forth coming, Don't it make you smile? :)

6. Supafly

Supafly Forum Resident

I did find an original copy of Cool Struttin for less than 100 at a record store in the last year.

Good Vibes likes this.
  7. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Since we are dreaming, an original SIGNED copy of Bryter Later would be cool :)

And second choice, because I have never even seen a copy, is the first UK Decay split 7".

8. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

James Taylor's first in mono

Ayshpaysh likes this.
  9. jsternbe

jsternbe Senior Member

I've been pretty lucky finding nice records, but I would love to find reasonable copies of the self titled albums by Creation of Sunlight and Plastic Cloud. I have the best reissues that I can find, but I would still like to find originals.

10. jmpatrick

jmpatrick Forum Resident

11. Musicmatters

Musicmatters New Member

12. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

Gun to my head, it would probably be the Argentina 78 RPM Beatles promo, with Twist And Shout and I Saw Her Standing There, in its original picture sleeve.

http://www.cool78s.com/argentina.html

geo50000 likes this.
  13. 80sjunkie

80sjunkie Forum Resident

For me it would probably be the first pressing of Tom Lehrer's debut album.

xilef regnu likes this.
  14. floweringtoilet

floweringtoilet Forum Resident

The thing is, whatever the record, if I found it at a good price, I'd flip it for a profit. I'm not wealthy and I just can't justify owning records that are worth a lot of money.

15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I want an original Julie Driscoll/Streetnoise but not at mad money -and definitely not once of those awful ATCO pressings.

Bob J likes this.
  16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

How hard is that?

17. owsley

owsley Senior Member

Supposedly there is someone who can get me the Billy Nicholls Immediate lp....but the asking price is $20,000

18. Piiijiii

Piiijiii Hundalasiliah

The United States Of America ~ Mono Radio Promo

19. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

[​IMG]

Lee Moses - Time and Place

Original 1971 or the 2xLP 2007 reissue. Actually might prefer the '07. Rarely pops up and when it does, it's never lower than $350. There's an unofficial reissue of the single LP version from this year, but what's the fun in that?

Got lucky with my copy of his Bad Girl 7" a few years ago. Picked it up for $60, usually goes for over twice that. Great song!

20. schnulli

schnulli Forum Resident

EELS: Electro Shock Blues ; Double 10' vinyl
    Impossible to find.... sometimes offers pop up on eBay (> 250€)

21. Tensilversaxes

Tensilversaxes Well-Known Member

The vinyl World Gone Wrong is very tough to find.

22. The Classic Records reissue of Led Zeppelin-In Through The Out Door.

23. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Nirvana "Love Buzz" 7". Used to own a copy. Kick myself everyday for giving it up in a trade for a promo only cd back in 1990.

24. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

Oh man, Someone gave me a copy of that back in the 90s. I can't even remember what I sold it for later. Definitely not 250.

25. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

ROY ORBISON - Ooby Dooby (Jew-El Records) on 45 or 78.

Michel_LeGrisbi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.