Bosch, Jazz Vinyl Loving Cop On Amazon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dubmart, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

Thanks, I didn't know that - seems like a "small" house though. Must Google map that house now .....

2. Scott222C

Lol - when zooming in on Google Map to that adress you can see some strange people working there (production crew ? :D) and one of them is flipping a double bird at the google camera car :laugh:

progrocker71 likes this.
  3. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Yeah, I saw the production crew shot on Google maps, very funny. If you search for a satellite image of that address you can see that it is indeed a small house.

Most shows never explain how ordinary working guys can afford the fancy houses they invariably live in. But Bosch actually works the explanation into the script, which I thought was clever.

Coricama and Scott222C like this.
  4. Scott222C

Yes I noticed that explanation too and it made sense. Is that in the books too ?

5. progrocker71

Not sure about the books. I enjoyed the show so I plan on trying one of the novels in the near future.

6. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

I just finished it in 4 days and I liked it. I hope they do another series. Does he become a private eye or go back to the force?

7. progrocker71

The second season is currently in production I believe.

Rocat and Coricama like this.
  8. Mychkine

Mychkine Forum Resident

Great show, just finished episode 4.

For those of you who know a little L.A., was the escape of Raynards Waits filmed more or less on the same location than the shootout of True Detective s02 ???

9. progrocker71

Season 2 of Bosch is excellent, they took the promise that season 1 showed and delivered on it.

Highly recommended!

Scott222C and Dubmart like this.
  10. Scott222C

Season 2 was no disappointment, but I thought it lost a little steam in the last few episodes. Can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe because this time there was no evil nemesis like in season 1, this time it was more like a patchwork of villains that were all intertwined with their storylines, but somehow lacking coherence.

And of course the locale in LA is always a treat !
    Damn those ****ing series that shoot in Canada and pretend to be somewhere else ....... greediness don't translate to art and a well done TV series is like art to me.

progrocker71 likes this.
  11. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

Liked it.

12. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member Thread Starter

Season 2 did have a different feel, but was just as good, one of the best shows out there.

progrocker71 likes this.
  13. progrocker71

14. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Season 2 was better than 1. Love it.

Season one was "oh we know who the bad guy is so its all about how do we catch him and put him away?".

Season 2 kept throwing in new twists etc. and it was several episodes in before we were sure what exactly was going down.

Encuentro likes this.
  15. progrocker71

I still thought season 1 was damn good, I definitely enjoyed it, but season 2 was closer to an old-school LA-noir and perfectly captured that vibe.

16. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

I'm about a third of the way through, but I agree, this is much better

17. Leepal

Leepal Forum Resident

I thought Season 2 was really good. The hi-fi system is still there but nothing gets played on it as far as I can remember. Bosch plays jazz CDs (or another digital format) in the car.

18. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

I enjoyed season 1, but season 2 was a step up. I love shows where the setting more or less becomes one of the characters, and that aspect of it worked really clicked.

Also, I was really happy that Harry and his ex-wife did not have a romantic reconciliation. That would have been a plausible story line, but it would have steered the show in a much less interesting direction.

19. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

20. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Liked S01 , now i don't have Prime :(

21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Well done show. Well acted, and I did enjoy season two. But I do agree that it lost a bit of steam in the second season. The books are great.

22. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

Kind of interesting but at the very end of the credits there is a painting of a owl with the words hieronymus... If you google hieronymus you'll find that hieronymus bosch was a famous painter from the 15th and 16th century... and if you look at his paintings you'll find the owl from the end credits, (not colored blood red though).

23. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

Harry Bosch's given name is Heironymus Bosch. He is named after the famous painter.

shucky ducky likes this.
  24. progrocker71

Amazon has de-coupled their streaming from Prime, so now you can just pay for the streaming service ala Netflix if you don't want the whole thing...though you still get it with Prime if you go that route.

Scope J likes this.
  25. progrocker71

Interesting, I didn't think it lost any steam at all during season 2. Thought it was crackerjack throughout, can't wait for season 3.