The ONE Rare record you'd love to find (at a good price)?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Agitation Free - Last

gillcup likes this.
  2. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Of course I`m also looking for The Ozzy Source Concert LP from Ohio`81.
    I don`t think anybody has a spare but I will post a WTB or Trade for a Zepplein II Ludwig among other goodies.

3. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Haven't heard that, but pressing quality at that time was spotty at best!

4. tomd

tomd Senior Member Thread Starter

Just found my holy grail! at the top of my wanted list was The Romantics 2003 garage comeback album 61/49 pressed by Koch records.Been looking for it and NEVER found one at any price.Was just able to find a seeled one on eBay for $54.99 and quickly snapped it up.

Farmer Mike and kozy814 like this.
  5. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Is this the vinyl version?

6. tomd

Yep

7. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

How does it sound? I have the CD which is loud but decent as i recall...

8. tomd

Have no idea.will be hearing the vinyl version for the first time when it arrives.Will report back on it here on the forum.

9. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

Ash Ra Tempel - s/t

troyvod likes this.
  10. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

The Beatles - Yesterday and Today (butcher cover)... that ship has sailed for adding to my collection.

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

always hoped to find a Beatles butcher album in a thrift shop...Hey I found their complete US catalog for a dime each including Introducing The Beatles! some were trashed, but I was in it for the covers...

Gavinyl and Fullbug like this.
  12. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Good luck.
    I have one and it is great !!

13. sami

sami Mono still rules

I'd love to have original pressings of the four Velvets records and the three by the Stooges, but I'd settle for a nice, clean original Marquee Moon.

matty j, Gavinyl and Fullbug like this.
  14. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Me too. I remember balking at a $100 price tag at a record convention back in the day and walked away. Bad call there.

Fullbug likes this.
  15. progmog

progmog Senior Member

An original pressing of 'Round the Edges' by Dark.

Never mind finding one at a good price, I would be lucky just to find one at all! There were reportedly only 40 copies pressed of this record.

16. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Tool Aenima.Any why not?I`ve found plenty of other cool rare stuff.Just reissue the silly thing!

17. blackdograilroad

blackdograilroad Forum Resident

Beatles 'black and gold' Please Please Me. Fetching silly money now even for beaten up copies.

18. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

I had a chance at a basically near-mint one that hadn't been peeled yet at a collector store somewhere in the range of 16-20 years ago -- $300 was the lowest I could get him to offer me... a couple weeks later it was sold for closer to his original $400 asking price.

The one's that really still get me mad were a "friend/good acquaintance" who regularly made the rounds to local garage sales and not only found one unpeeled for himself, but three others as well over a couple years time. That would have been more in the range of 25-30 years ago. He steamed them all off himself with progressively better results keeping the one that turned out basically perfect for himself. Now mind you he didn't pay more than $3 or $4 for any of them, but wouldn't part with even his first practice version that was torn in several places from his botched removal attempt for $100 plus he wanted me to throw in some trades of rarities from my collection as well. I'm not sorry I passed on that offer under the circumstances. Maybe if he hadn't peeled it, and especially if he had peeled all of them as well as the version he kept for himself I would have been more tempted. As it was the whole encounter turned me off to even dealing with him in any respects at all, and I haven't talked to him since.

Pizza likes this.
  19. bosskeenneat

bosskeenneat Forum Resident

More & More in the Beatle collecting community are really raising their voices in regards to the second state Butchers, pleading with those that come across them to leave them alone & unmolested. Otherwise the paste-overs will be overtaking the first states in value & rarity. And with every idiot & his brother determined to have an "original" with the stupid mass steamings, that's just where things are heading as of now.

applebonkerz likes this.
  20. tremspeed

tremspeed Well-Known Member

Never seen a Velvets 45 ever, and collecting them was my main thing for a while. Even had a white label promo of VU and Nico, and the dutch Loaded with alternate cover.

21. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

I'd have to say James Dewar's solo album - why this hasn't been reissued is anyone's guess.

22. Hogues

Hogues Forum Resident

Levon Helm's dirt farmer.

23. Waspinators

Waspinators Forum Resident

Elvis Presley's self-titled debut LP on RCA.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  24. crozcat

crozcat Forum Resident

Little Roy - Tribal War (1975 reggae LP)

25. bodine

bodine Senior Member

Dust My Broom/Sweet Home Chicago--Robert Johnson, Vocalion 78

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.