new dave davies live album due out in september

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matthew Tate, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. tob

tob Forum Resident

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

4. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Is it safe to assume that a Kinks reunion will not take place in 2015? For quite a while, both Ray and Dave had open tour schedules starting around Fall 2014 and Winter 2015, no dates were listed. This was right around the time the brothers were supposedly discussing a potential reunion. Currently, Ray only has about 2 dates listed for 2015, which take place in July. Dave has listed only about 11 solo dates on his site, which will take place in October and one in early November.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

guess not

melstapler likes this.
  6. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

You'd think that if Phil and Dave Alvin could reconcile and record that........never mind.

melstapler and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

As I mentioned in this thread Dave is playing a few warmup shows at the Big E in Springfield,MA (essentially the state fair for all of New England) before starting the tour proper. It's a free open air show with fair admission, he did two today and I think is doing three more over the weekend. It's not the full club/concert show - I wasn't watching the clock but he played about a half-dozen favorites, maybe a half hour or 45 minutes. Me and my wife and I'd say a couple dozen other Kinks fans braved the wind and rain for the first show, and it was a treat. The band is good and sympathetic, Dave seemed into it and even for this shortened show there were a couple of pleasant surprises (Strangers, Susannah's Still Alive) so he's probably got a good well of material for the club shows. Especially if you've never seen him (but even if like me you've been going to see him for over 40 years), if he's coming your way and you're on the fence I would definitely suggest buying a ticket. You'll be glad you did.

ARK and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. Matthew Tate

i can't wait. about 20 days until i see him

9. Uh oh ! :tiphat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.