Dukes of Hazzard on dvd

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by driverdrummer, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I'm gonna use my profits to buy the entire Dukes series on DVD once the prices go back to normal.

2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Or just find them now somewhere and sell the whole she-bang for $800!

3. Clipper Sylvania

Clipper Sylvania L'écharpe d'abricot

I agree as to the tone. I watched most of the first season a while back and was intrigued as to what Coltrane and Hogg were up to---they were more "serious", and I thought the show would have been better served had it continued in that vein. It is my understanding that the shift of the tone came from on high; the producers apparently got Nielsen data that suggested children were the primary audience and so the characterizations were changed to meet that audience. Of course, views such as that of James Best (listed above) may also have played a role in deciding the shift.

There are days when I still would like to have a basset hound.

MikeInFla likes this.
  4. spewey

spewey Senior Member

They're just making their way

The only way they know how

But that's just a little bit more

Than TV Land will allow...

agentalbert, spanky1 and goodiesguy like this.
  5. Clipper Sylvania

Clipper Sylvania L'écharpe d'abricot

It was a sidebar between myself and the other poster about the East Germans. Interesting discussion and I'd probably enjoy continuing it, but there's no link between the DDR and the Duke boys.

Obligatory Dukes content: The Wikipedia article suggests that attempts were make to keep the General Lee's stunts competitive with those of KITT on Knight Rider. I was an avid watcher of both series and never saw fit to compare the two. They were both awe-inspiring vehicles, matched only by a De Lorean DMC-12 for great cars of the 1980s. I've never figured out exactly what the sound source for KITT was (other than references to a turbine of some kind).

I am unashamed to say that I did my best to replicate all of these vehicles in whichever version of Forza Motorsport allowed you to have a DMC-12. Dueling exotic foreign supercars in American cars from thirty to forty years ago was fun.

6. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Even back then I preferred the General Lee to KITT. A vehicle like that was attainable unlike a vehicle like KITT. Plus, I think for me the voice would've gotten annoying after a while. :laugh:

7. Daniel Plainview

My local FYE had season 4, 5, 6, and 7 for $29.99 each. I did not buy.

My Barnes and Noble had seasons 1 & 2 for $29.99 each. I did not buy.

I would have bought Season 1 and tried to cash in again but it was the version that wasn't in a digipak. It was a multi-disc plastic case and several discs were rolling around loose inside. Too much of a risk.

Looking at eBay it seems the mania is quieting down a little. I'm not sure how much profit I'd even make at this point. Too much work.

8. Daniel Plainview

Amazon does seem to indicate that they won't be getting more copies of season 1, so maybe we should panic.

GentleSenator likes this.
  9. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Back to the original topic. It won't be long before the higher prices die down on the DVD sets. We may end up seeing new versions of the episodes with the flag erased. But I doubt those version would ever see a physical release since everything is going to downloads.

10. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I enjoyed the series when I was younger.
    I recently rewatched the series & found that I still enjoy it.
    What I don't understand is why the controversy over the confederate flag after all these years?
    Are we supposed to erase the image from our memories as well?
    Does this mean that the civil war never happened?
    I hate when people try to rewrite history.

Darryl

11. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Hmmm. Clean up time?

hodgo and OldSoul like this.
  12. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Yep sure is Gary, 61 posts deleted for......... politics, religion, american flag, confederate flag, race...you name it!!

People, talk about the show, the characters, the story lines and of course Daisy Duke :love: but leave all of the above things out of it.

agentalbert and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.