Longest you've waited for music to arrive in the mail

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Bummer. Word is they did a Twist and Shout--> Dark Star--> All My Loving that night.

2. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Of course The Beatles invented "Dark Star". They invented everything. :) If only they would have kept Pete when Ringo came on board, then we might have had A Hard Day's Night -> Drumz -> Help!

ARK and Lost In The Flood like this.
  3. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

I had to wait over two months for a Roxy Music CD. I bought it online from a retailer in the US and paid for the cost of air mail shipping. The vendor shipped it surface but didn't tell me. I'd given it up as lost when it suddenly arrived one day.

4. Ash76

Ash76 Wait actually yeah no

In 2002 I ordered about $100.00 worth of stuff from They Might Be Giants website in the US. I think they had just opened it up to international orders but I had to pay via Western Union.
    The order included a couple of CDs, a t-shirt and some other stuff.

After about 3 months I bought one of the CDs locally and tried to trace the package with no success.
    After I had long given up on it as a lost cause, the package showed up about 8 months from when I ordered.

Mal likes this.
  5. irong

irong Forum Resident

Delivery has been all over the place here lately. I had to wait 5-6 weeks for CDs I ordered from France and Germany at the beginning of May. But then 10 days ago I bought one from France again and one from Joliette near Montreal. Took 6 working days to get the one from France, took 7 for the one from Joliette, which is 250 miles away. Go figure.

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  6. Jae

Jae Senior Member

About five years and counting. An album I bought from the UK. It will show up one day...won't it?

motownmaniac and Mal like this.
  7. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

It took 3 months for the Peter Cetera Soundstage dvd to arrive at my house.

8. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

For me there are a couple of trusted sellers on this site and I've tried a couple on Discogs but I've never purchased from oversees sellers on eBay or Amazon. Two weeks is about the max time for me but more typically one week.

9. smarone313

smarone313 Forum Resident

I am still waiting for some records I ordered from the Record Club of America in 1973.

motownmaniac and footlooseman like this.
  10. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

fedex international priority

11. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I did an order like that once around 1992/3 from someone who advertised in Goldmine and the tapes did eventually arrive, but it took 6 months or so. It was cool to get them but I'm glad the internet made it easy to find trading contacts so I didn't have to do that kind of thing more often.

12. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I put in an order for Stevie Ray Vaughn's "In Step" on MoFi SACD when it was announced.

It took over a year for it to come to my house.

13. mschrist

mschrist Forum Resident

The very first record that I ordered online took a couple of months to arrive. It was Sloan's "Navy Blues", back in 1998. I had pre-ordered it from an independent Canadian online record store, and the only reason I had bought it online (back when people were terrified to put their credit card numbers into cyberspace) was because I was concerned that no record stores in my area would have it in stock when it came out. When it finally arrived, my name, address, and hometown were all spelled wrong on the package. I had already bought a bricks-and-mortar copy by then (Sloan were much more popular than I had thought), so I gave the extra to a friend.

14. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

As near as two months - it was a Buddy Holly CD I ordered for a friend...he didn't know I'd sent off for it so not a problem. I delayed contacting the seller and the time just flew by but as I use them so much, I thought chances are that they'd be ok about it and I was right; it was like what's happened with 3 or 4 other orders not just through Amazon, in the past. The reply I got was like I've had before - something very similar to "Royal Mail have been unable to locate the item.." (though I recon it/they was/were just popped through the wrong door as I've had mail for others here too.) For no more than a handful of pennies extra, I got him our host's From The Original Master Tapes (I got my own copy about a year ago) should have done that in the first place eh! :D

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Ok, thanks...

16. fab432

fab432 “To the toppermost of the poppermost, Johnny!”

Almost 7 months for an lp to get to Toronto from California. Seller refunded my money and I ended up sending him payment again after it arrived!

Ash76 likes this.
  17. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Years ago I ordered a DVD (Endless Harmony - The Beach Boys) from New Zealand, on eBay. It never showed up so they sent a replacement. It turned out to be a counterfeit but that was OK - it was cheap and it played fine (wasn't available on DVD here at the time as I recall).

6 months later the first one showed up - so, my brother has one too.

Ash76 likes this.
  18. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

I ordered Melissa Manchester's "Emergency" CD on Wounded Bird from Half.com, and received the wrong item. I honestly wasn't expecting the other person to return it, but they eventually did. It took five weeks to get, and I got a full refund of the $16.98 purchase price.

19. johnaltman

johnaltman Forum Resident

I had the record The Tin Man was a Dreamer by Nicky Hopkins get lost or something once.. think it ended up taking about six weeks.

footlooseman likes this.
  20. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I preordered Faith No More "Sol Invictus" March 5th and it was released a month ago June 5th I think and now the vinyl won't arrive until the end of August. Really tired of the MP3 version from Amazon. I WANT MY VINYL!!!

21. stollar

stollar Forum Resident

I bought a dvd on Amazon that took 1.5 years before it arrived,because i"ve had
    been waiting so long i actually had forgotten all about it:eek:

22. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Remember the old days of Columbia House?

daveidmarx likes this.
  23. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Ordered a copy of John Grant's Queen of Denmark on vinyl from Amazon UK a few years ago. A month or so goes by and nothing, so I contact Amazon and they send off another copy. They both show up within days of one another, so I end up with a play copy and a sealed copy for the backstock!

Amazing album, btw.

24. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

Do you really want to know? There was some problem in the processing of foreign orders in the Brazilian mail beginning in 2012. My guess is that they decided to charge import tax on most parcels so they just placed them in a large storeroom and they kept piling up. Anyway, more than two years later I received a Keane CD that I didn't even remember ordering. What really made me happy, though, is that I finally got my "It Takes a Thief" DVD set, which also took more than two years to arrive. The Sons of the Pioneers box set also took ages to arrive, but that came a little earlier than two years (about one year and ten months). Good thing I gave my P.O. Box address for delivery, as my street address had changed when the merchandise finally arrived!

25. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

Mr. H likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.