Where to sell classical music vinyl

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Andy Pandy, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident Thread Starter

I have inherited ca 500 albums in very good condition. 60s and 70s pressings mainly on Deutsche Gramophone, Decca etc. Which marketplace or seller do you recommend? If it was modern music I would know exactly how to dispose it but not sure about classical music. There are quite some rarities in the collection.

2. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Amazon is the easiest to list if there is a place card in place. This is for folks in US, UK, and Germany. For Belgium I am not so sure.

Because you would just need to list it as exact item shown and enter your condition and a note about your copy. Then for the items not found in the search at Amazon, ebay for the remainder.

Andy Pandy likes this.
  3. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Your primary options online are Discogs/eBay/Amazon/Gemm.

If there are rarities and you really know what they are and are willing to put in the effort to take pictures and describe them, then sell on eBay. No question.

If it's run of the mill stuff (most of which has close to 0 value these days), then Discogs would be my first choice--easiest to list, lowest commissions. I would not use Amazon for run of the mill classical vinyl.

Andy Pandy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.