The one album you most regret selling off

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinylfindco, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ LX

DJ LX Forum Resident

Arc Angels

levi and Sean like this.
  2. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

The very original release? How'd you get your copy?

3. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I bought a vinyl copy of Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever when it was new in 1989 and sold it a few years later (among other records).

Another is Neil Young's Freedom from that same year. I would later sell it along with about 100 other albums. .

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  4. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

And did it have a bullet hole?

jamesmaya likes this.
  5. janschfan

janschfan Senior Member

Bob Dylan- Ten Of Swords...... but a man's got to eat. I suppose.....

jamesmaya and Sean like this.
  6. johnaltman

johnaltman Forum Resident

A copy of Thriller made in Ecuador and on white vinyl...
    it ended up going on ebay for some $700 later on..

7. wwaldmanfan

wwaldmanfan Born In The 50's

[​IMG]

A terrific double-LP compilation. I'm vinyl-less now, and this one was never issued on CD.

8. Apollo C. Vermouth

Apollo C. Vermouth Forum Resident

One of the first items I ever sold on Ebay was a still sealed inside of the jacket copy of Miles Davis' 'Kind Of Blue'. Bought it at a Salvation Army for $1 and sold in on Ebay for $100. This was around 2000/2001. Sold it to a doctor down in Georgia. Needed the money. I still think I did well on the LP. The only regret I have about it is that I would have loved to have heard what an unplayed copy of that album would have sounded like upon it's first play. I hope that doctor actually played the LP. Seemed like he was really into Jazz. I still have the Stan Getz LP, that was also sealed inside the album cover, that I bought the same day as the Miles 'Kind Of Blue'.

9. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Got rid of mine in one lump sum to travel in 1983-84. First album that comes to mind that I can't believe I let go was......

[​IMG]

But really...all of them. :(

Like fr'instance....

My Beatles White Album on white vinyl from the UK of which only 50,000 were made, so I hear. Oh geez...I don't wanna start crying now....

O Don Piano likes this.
  10. Axis_67

Axis_67 Senior Member

I bought a promo copy of Pink Floyd Animals in the early 80's for $17. The only difference between it and the stock copy that I found, regarding the music, was they edited "f**ked up" out of "you f**ked up old hag" on the lyrics for Pigs (Three Different Ones) . The thing that really bothered me was they cut out that one second or so of music, instead of deleting the vocals, so it seemed really off to me. I sold it a couple years later for $35 and thought i did well, but now my inner compulsive completeist wishes I hadn't got rid of it.

[​IMG]

Former Scientist and hi_watt like this.
  11. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

I'm amazed you got anything for David Cassidy/ Partridge Family/ Osmonds records! :laugh:

Fullbug likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

my entire collection of Beatles albums from many countries...hundreds upon hundreds!...sold them too soon.

13. Crossfire#3

Crossfire#3 Forum Resident

My 3000+ pieces of vinyl for which I could get a small fortune now or keep and give away judiciously to friends who hanker for it now (and then there's all the promo b&w's---yeesh!)

14. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Almost Blue promo, autographed by Elvis and the Attractions

15. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

There is about a couple dozen that I had sold off in the past and now trying to find a decent copy for a reasonable amount.

16. bodine

bodine Senior Member

My copies of Real Folk Blues by Sonny Boy Williamson on Chess and The One and Only Hank Ballard and the Midnighters on King

17. Remy

Remy Forum Resident

Everything. This site is forever reminding me of my blunders. I'm just so glad i've held on to my 45 and 12 inch remix collections. Oh the pain!

Former Scientist likes this.
  18. Jason Michael

Jason Michael Senior Member

John Zorn's Naked City and Torture Garden, and his Painkiller EPs, Guts of a Virgin and Buried Secrets. I can't believe I got rid of those. Laswell's bass on Painkiller was monstrous.

19. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Tons of original early 80's Japanese pressings. This one still bugs me the most - I kept this LP in pristine mint condition, played it only twice basically to record it to digital (which I lost in a hard drive crash a while back) and stupidly sold it a few years ago when I was trying to generate quick cash for a new 65" Plasma TV. I cannot find a replacement that appears to be anywhere close to the same condition:

[​IMG]

20. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

To many to name so I won't because It will cause me a lot of pain.
    Although I still like and buy cd's Ive spent way to much getting some of my records back.
    Some I haven't found for a price I'm willing to shell out for.
    What was I thinking ? Cd's were so cool when they came out and now I feel like a sucker.
    At the time though I just couldn't get on that silver train fast enough.

Former Scientist likes this.
  21. :yikes: How did it sound?

22. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Oh man, the humanity!

23. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

I simply bought it in the record store back in 1978, but stupidly sold it, along with many other classic rock albums in the late 90's during the cd rage.

24. psubliminal

psubliminal Forum Resident

25. DirkMcQ

DirkMcQ Forum Resident

MFSL With the Beatles
    Beatles at the Beeb 13 LP set (I think it was 13, it was a while ago)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.