Fare Thee Well - Show #4 - Chicago, July 4- Live Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claxton, Jul 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Nice first set. Not great, but more than fair. And I knew Deal was going to close the set since at one point while the camera was on Jeff playing the keys in the middle of the first set... the setlist to his left was clearly visible and I saw that Deal was closing the first set. I then took my eyes away real quick so as not to ruin any surprise for the second set. :)

nobes likes this.
  2. Claxton

Claxton I like chicks and cars and partyin’ hard Thread Starter

I liked the Shakedown opener as well, even if the groove was a tad slow.

3. weirdo12

weirdo12 Forum Resident

4. frog12

frog12 Forum Resident

Just another garage band !

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  5. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

i thought sotm and jed were the highlights too. shakedown needed more danky mutron. webcast sounds great.

thewho likes this.
  6. thewho

thewho Forum Resident

Best set so far IMO. Trey coming into his own with this band. Sounds and looks great on the stream! Looking forward to U.S. Blues 2nd set opener?!

7. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

I'm wondering if "U.S. Blues" will be the encore with fireworks.

jimbutsu likes this.
  8. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Key change in the Shakedown jam was interesting. May work more on a recording than live.

9. thewho

thewho Forum Resident

Loving these intermission jams from Neal & company...

weirdo12 likes this.
  10. nobes

nobes New Member

Thats Rad!

11. What are the odds that Donna Jean gets a vocal,tonight or tomorrow,night?

They really should introduce or give a shout out,to Robert Hunter, too.

Hunter's relationship with the band grew until he was officially a non-performing band member. When the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, Hunter was included as a band member, the only non-performer ever so honored.[3

12. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

[QUOTE="Paperback Writer, post: 12601287, member: 25521"... the only non-performer ever so honored.[3[/QUOTE]
    When you quote Wikipedia, you should probably acknowledge that, as your post reads like an original thought. The [3 you missed deleting gave it away.

Then again, maybe you should quote anything other than Wikipedia. ;)

Paperback Writer likes this.
  13. TDog Nite

TDog Nite Member

Encore!!!

thewho likes this.
  14. ccarty

ccarty Hyperactive!

Sat nite->us blues encore!

15. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

They showed a photo of Hunter briefly during Deal.

16. TDog Nite

TDog Nite Member

I don't think so on Donna Jean, but you're spot on about Hunter.

17. ccarty

ccarty Hyperactive!

Anyone having buffer issues with mlb? Probably just my older macbook

18. TDog Nite

TDog Nite Member

Where do these guys go on setbreak? Florida?!?

19. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Something will come along, it always does in this country; that is the ever searching legacy of this land and its people-- all of this is pretty clearly evident within our musical heritage.

Until then though, a gaping hole will be there for those of us who always knew what was, pretty silently to everyone but ourselves, filling a deep and hidden pocket. For us, it will be the hole of showing ourselves within a night's performance unknown things we could feel within our bones, our hearts and our heads; things we would come to embrace and cherish. They were a band of artists who offered this experience for themselves and ourselves together an incredible number of days per year; days for which most of us partook somewhere between one third to, if we could pull it off, the full one hundred percent of the calendar.

These latest two shows are stirring within a me notion that, for me at least, these carnival days are truly gone.

Kids, clearly twenty more years to log than my calendar could hold, are here in this club, happy and together, grooving next to me, dropping their things, chasing it all with vape and vigor, cheering on Deal like I would have expected for Adam Levin... fun in all its form is nowhere near stopping.

All this reminiscing aside, I know two things, I will be drinking champagne Sunday night, and I s#^t you not I fought back tears during Walking On The Moon.

I love this band and its fans like family. I may call out my knuckle-headed cousin for being too s#^t-faced at Thanksgiving, but outside of family, I want none of these people to do wrong.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    Dennis0675, budwhite, JRM and 5 others like this.
  20. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

All the carping about long set breaks cracks me up. It was always that way with these guys. Also, if you are there you need the time. At Santa Clara I waited in line for nearly 45 minutes to get 1 round of beers. It's not as simple as a walk to the fridge.

rockinlazys, bmoregnr, Ray29 and 2 others like this.
  21. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Really, they were gone for me by Summer '85. But by the work of many, the releases keep coming, and I can re-live the carnival where I now want it most: in my own domicile, with my wife and dog, and my headphones cranked.

But, it's great to read that some 20-somethings are rippin' it up.

bmoregnr likes this.
  22. nobes

nobes New Member

on point...

23. TDog Nite

TDog Nite Member

Work til 7;30 west coast any vid links

24. ccarty

ccarty Hyperactive!

It struck me watching the pre show crowd in the stadium. Never saw folks on there phones

25. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Love the sentiment, but confusing the Dead with the Police makes me think you may have had a few in celebration. :)

bmoregnr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.