Fare Thee Well - Show #5 - Chicago, July 5 - Live Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Claxton, Jul 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Why? Comcast informed me that they are not showing the HD; they are only showing the SD. I don't care much about the video, primarily the audio.

2. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Pull up the PPV and hit the search for other options. 501 was $29.99 no HD reference, 785 was $39.99 with the HD symbol. If you have not seen one of these yet trust me you will care about the video.

3. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Enjoy the last show, guys. I have nothing else to add except for I started watching "Ripple" on Youtube just now from the first night at Soldier Field and I couldn't because it was making me too emotional. I can't believe this is officially it, even though I guess it's been over for decades now. I have my pre-order in for the 5oth anniversary box and I've downloaded the aud recordings from this last run. The Grateful Dead will never end for me and I imagine for most of you as well. Whatever the guys decide to do on their own, I wish them all many more years of peace, happiness and success. Thank you for all the wonderful music.

4. Archtop

My guide tells me that this is offered on 399 (HD), 401 (SD), and 800 (HD). However, the customer service rep told me that they are not offering this program in HD tonight. I really don't care about the video, as long as the SD has no affect on audio quality. Music is an aural experience for me and I don't care about light shows, graphics, blah, blah, blah. Give me tone, dynamics, and energy and I'm good.

5. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I would not trust a Comcast rep farther than I can throw them no offense. There is no way this production company is putting this out not in HD. Is there another Comcast prisoner here who can confirm this, this is my first PPV night. Thanks

Mazzy likes this.
  6. Archtop

Well, I'm with you, but I didn't want to risk purchasing something that won't be available and then be unable to cancel it after I find that that out.

7. I ordered the HD from Comcast

8. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

My Comcast rep for the day, a really nice lady, said it is in HD. YMMV

9. My comcast PPV scheduled for 4pm pacific time states that it's in HD. HDPPV

10. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Hear! Hear! You just got added to my list of tonight's toasts.

Barnabas Collins likes this.
  11. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The truck and uplink system is HD.

12. Archtop

I just called Comcast and the representative indicated that they are having some problems with the HD feed nationwide. I'm sticking with SD because if I lose the audio from the HD feed, then I'll be very unhappy. Best of luck to the rest of you; I'm not sure how widespread the issue is or how likely problems are. All she said was "some problems with the HD feed." I asked "In Boston?" She replied "Across the country."

13. Joefarrell

Joefarrell Forum Resident

I am on World Cup plan too. I have watched at theater last two nights. I am wondering if it is possible to do the Sirius XM free trial subscription and get the GD channel up right away? Anybody? If so I could hear 2nd set audio and maybe some first too. Does anybody know if this scenario would work?

14. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

Sounds like a great idea and certainly worth a try! Good luck!

15. LUNACHUCK

LUNACHUCK Forum Resident

Yes it does work. At least so I've heard. Several people who claim to have done that. I'm a subscriber myself so I can't say for sure but I'm listening to the pre show now on XM and loving all these stories and especially the guys they are bringing on live who are getting miracled. Wow. Also I do know for sure that the XM broadcast is an hour behind the actual live show.

16. We
    Well the pre show on now is HD for me

Archtop likes this.
  17. LUNACHUCK

LUNACHUCK Forum Resident

2 - 0 USA 6 minutes in btw

18. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Is anyone using the Youtube option (or did the previous nights)?
    I purchased it tonight (MLB wouldn't let me).......but I'm not getting a pre-show. Only a countdown clock with messages to order the show.

I hope I did'nt get ripped off.

19. ConnieGuitar

ConnieGuitar Here in my balloon...

3-0!

Make that 4-0!!!!!!!!!

A third cup on the want and we won't miss the start of the show! Thank you!

20. O Don Piano

O Don Piano Senior Member

Hi everyone! I'm in.
    I've been spending money like crazy, so i almost opted out tonight.
    But I couldn't "opt out". This is one of my favorite bands ever, and they mean so much to me.
    I missed Friday and last night. Can't miss tonight.
    So here I am!

budwhite likes this.
  21. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Same for me

22. O Don Piano

I'm using YouTube. I'm satisfied with it.
    Do you have ChromeCast? I think that's the only way you can get it to a TV.I'm seeing a clock, some old photos, and hearing the music recorded for this run of shows, BTW.

23. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Hey some of us are taping it! Just kidding that is how everyone acts on a footy site. Guess I don't have to worry about missing this!

24. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

Just planning to watch it on my laptop. I have a crappy TV

25. O Don Piano

Are you seeing a shot of Soldier Field right now? If you are, then you should be OK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.