Audio Note Meishu Silver Phono - Tube Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Don Parkhurst, Jan 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norman_frappe

norman_frappe Forum Resident

Okay thanks I'm a pretty literal person so I honestly didn't know!

2. ceynon

ceynon Forum Resident

Not a big claim at all. Once you have heard what a suitable cable can do to a system you will be a beiever.

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Agreed about the shielding, yes.

4. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks David! The SPx cables really are special. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time when they became available. I would say that they are much better than Cardas Golden Reference and Purist Audio Design Corvus, but I think that they are just the right match for my system. Perhaps in another system it might go the other way.

As for the comment that they added an entire octave, it was just as Chris said (thanks Chris! ), I was describing the impression that I got after switching cables. Far superior sound with a very strong and detailed bass component. Wonderful resolution and detail and best of all, a cohesion to the sound that was immensely rewarding. The new found power to the bass made music more fun! As I said to Rafe last week (after a bit too much wine....). Holy crap! Only 9 watts! I always thought that power came with huge amounts of watts. Wrong.

David...you are right! I am loving my LP collection! I played an old copy of Yellow Brick Road for my wife last week and we had so much musical enjoyment at the same time that I was surprised to hear more details in a song that I had heard hundreds of times. Fun!

5. Don Parkhurst

Thanks Steve! I'm still chuckling over that one!

6. Don Parkhurst

I have to agree completely, as I have had this experience twice. When it just makes everything 'click', it is quite surprising and enjoyable!

To be honest, I went in to the experience feeling quite cynical. I didn't think that I would hear much difference. But, it actually felt like a photo that was suddenly in focus.

ceynon and klonk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.