Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

COOL! The infamous Seeburg "Trashcan"! Nice that you had it restored, which I can only imagine cost you a pretty penny or two?

2. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Osiris speaker stands. Best I ever had. Filled with sand.....60 lbs. each if I remember. Beautiful heavy spikes and the two tubes aligned to keep your box from moving with your drivers. Only thing better, (or maybe just cheaper), is a 30 pound cinder block right on top of the speaker. Try this with you speakers sometime, maybe put a cloth in between.

CowFish and royzak2000 like this.
  3. Jeff Edwards

Jeff Edwards Senior Member

I did spend a bit, but I have certainly spent more and gotten a lot less for my money. I was fortunate to have a guy doing the work with a real love for these machines. He was excited because he had never worked on a jukebox as old as this one.

SandAndGlass and artfromtex like this.
  4. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Jeff, I currently own six jukeboxes and since almost all of them are as old as me (or older), they all require two things. The first thing is that they need to be played and often, for if they just sit around unused, they tend to gum up and make for endless hours of trying to figure out, "what's wrong with it?" I can usually fix the smaller issues with these machines, but one must remember that these old jukeboxes were NEVER meant to still be in use, some 50 or 60 years later. Which brings me to my second thing that these jukeboxes require and that is that I wish I had a trustworthy man or woman in my own area, who really understood the unique mechanisms that these greatly designed machines have to repair them, but each year, those fine folks are getting harder and harder to find! Often, it's trial and error on my own, but always with a copy of the trusted operations manual. I wish you years of enjoyment from your "Trashcan", as there is absolutely nothing that can give old records the same fun experience, as a classic old jukebox, especially jukeboxes with visual mechanisms, which all of mine have, including the one newer jukebox that I own, which plays 100 CD's.

5. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

Beautiful!!!

Here's mine. Works like a charm. 1967:

[​IMG]

6. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Great for controlling resonances. Don't even use spikes under my equipment anymore, it doesn't make any difference on this floor.

Nice when the sky likes to play along.

[​IMG]

7. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

What a shot!

8. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Beautiful...

9. SteelyTom

SteelyTom Forum Resident

Now, just give me an ocean and I'm all set.

10. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Optimus Pro LX-4. A bookshelf speaker in a bookshelf. If you can't read the spines, too bad. :)
    [​IMG]

Kyhl, Bhob and Ron P. like this.
  11. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

I had Rogers LS35As in this position at one time lovely.

12. sunrayjack

sunrayjack Forum Resident

then you have a great listening room!

13. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

After too long of a hiatus, the tubes are back. Still need another rack, though.

[​IMG]

Ron P., canonlon, Ras and 14 others like this.
  14. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

I can read some of them: Archies Greatest Hits, Hannah Montana OST, Wham! Make It Big, Feel Good 80's, Gerardo Rico Suave.........!!!!!!!!!

Shel, Ron P., black sheriff and 5 others like this.
  15. Abhijit Nath

Abhijit Nath Forum Resident

The SL150 is stunning- where did you get the replinth done from?

16. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

You have great taste but that rug has got to go :hide:

Seafinch likes this.
  17. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I think it's great

18. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

Me, too. It really ties the room together.

19. Bhob

Bhob Forum Resident

I have a pair of those Pro XL-4s. The veneer is coming off, but they don't sound too bad. Love that tweeter.

20. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

It's strange you would pick out the rug. I think the entire space is damn near perfect. At its worst the rug is inoffensively neutral.

jon9091, timztunz and PROG U.K. like this.
  21. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Haha. I think it just doesn't photograph well. It's denim and jute. I think it ties the rustic and modern vibes together well. You're entitled to your opinion though...

timztunz likes this.
  22. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Thanks, much appreciated. I designed the plinth in CAD and had a local CNC shop glue up the block and do the cutting.

Abhijit Nath likes this.
  23. WntrMute2

WntrMute2 Forum Resident

56, we are two Terminator users. How do you like yours? I'm a big fan as it sounds almost perfect to me!

Dentdog and jfine like this.
  24. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I saw him last summer with Yes. Now I'm sad.

25. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

There are a few of us here who have/use Terminators. I have absolutely no plans to part with mine... ever. I still have my eye on a Schick; but, it would be in addition to the T3, on another deck, not a substitution for it. :) I'd probably say that about several other air bearing, linear tracking tonearms, though I'm sure they cost more.

jfine likes this.