F it. Amazon for everything

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by thesisinbold, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm sick of getting defected vinyl and then having to pay 6 bucks to send it back.

Amazon from now on out.

2. hidden1one

hidden1one Forum Resident

too many returns and they ban you...don't they?

3. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'll deal with that if/when it happens.

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they've been fair to me.

black sheriff, ggergm and theron d like this.
  5. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Maybe it's different for Prime members but when I sent back a bad record last month, Amazon covered the return postage. I wanted a replacement and they sent that out at no charge. It was pretty painless, all things considered.

Plus how does it cost $6 to ship a record? Reusing their packaging and sending it back Media Mail should run no more than $4.

black sheriff likes this.
  6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

$4, $6. Some retailers won't reimburse you the return shipping. It's nice that Amazon gives you a pre-paid mailing label.

hidden1one likes this.
  7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Those who are picky enough that they wind up returning a lot of vinyl should buy locally. The profit margins aren't huge on vinyl, and most vinyl is sold one-way to retailers, so if you return it, they eat the cost of both the vinyl and whatever shipping they paid for (one way or both ways).

Amazon will allow you to return a certain amount, and then your account will be blacklisted. When you are blacklisted, you can't buy anything from Amazon ever again, no matter where you live or what credit card you use. Not a great place to be.

8. Raynie

Raynie Hyperactive!

Used records? The online market is terrible anymore, nothing but rip-off artists shielded by websites and stupid buyers. I cringe at defensive remarks from people who claim to return 10% of items. I'm buying maybe 5-10/yr online and more than half get returned, lucky I don't have much need anymore with several great record stores around. "F them" sums it up well.

New records? Doesn't matter, whoever is cheapest. They all take them back, 3 bucks for shipping ain't a big deal. Not much need for new anyway, maybe a couple a year. I don't buy them locally because I know they don't have enough profit margin to accept returns.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    thesisinbold likes this.
  9. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

I initially read that as "I'm sick of getting defecated vinyl".

Same difference, I suppose. :laugh:

thesisinbold likes this.
  10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i basically agree with you, but sometimes i'm willing to take the eBay gamble knowing that eBay has my back when people sell me crap and list it as gold.

11. SomedayMan

SomedayMan Active Member

Just don't be obnoxious about it and return for the pettiest of reasons and excessively and one should be fine.

12. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

You realize you're talking about audiophiles and vinyl?

hidden1one likes this.
  13. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I have had no problems shipping back vinyl. If it is defective you don't pay the shipping. I only do it if it is seriously defective. I do buy a ton of stuff from Amazon and would not want to be blacklisted. I hope they do this based on how much you buy. I return little compared to how much I purchase.

14. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I don't buy much new vinyl, but most of the local shops in my neck of the woods will not take it back if it is defective.

15. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

Both SoundStageDirect and Bullmoose have been very good with returns. Neither requires that you pay shipping for a defective return. Sometime SoundStageDirect doesn't even require that you send it back.

16. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Another thumbs up for Bull Moose. :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.