Terminator: Genisys - Arnie is back

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I don't understand the current vogue with Jai Courtney. He's got a pretty face, but doesn't offer anything else, such as acting chops, unique characterizations, or visual appeal to make him stand out.

enro99 and sunspot42 like this.
  2. Huck Caton

Huck Caton Well-Known Member

I was curious to see what other people thought of Jai’s work in the movie. On set, I didn’t think he added a lot. I mean, he hit his marks and said his lines… but that was kind of it. I’ve never seen him in anything else, so I thought perhaps this just wasn’t his kind of picture. (And don't get me started on the bad American accent.)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    sunspot42 likes this.
  3. DreadPikathulhu

I didn't know he as Australian. Looking at his filmography, the only thing I've actually seen is A Good Day to Die Hard, which was awful.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  4. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

Love it :righton:

5. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

Pretty face? My kids and I had him pegged as a doofus Jersey Shore refugee. Whatever acting chops he may have, he certainly did not look or sound like Kyle Reese to me.

sunspot42 likes this.
  6. Glaeken

Glaeken Forum Resident

The highest praise that can be bestowed is that the film was far better than it had any right to be. There's simply no surpassing the original although T2 comes close to capturing lightning in a bottle.

T:G is far better than its two immediate predecessors, and while that's cold comfort for many, it's enjoyable enough to merit a matinee viewing.

enro99 and jeatleboe like this.
  7. Glaeken

Glaeken Forum Resident

He came across as someone acting in a completely different movie from the rest of the cast.

While there are times when this affectation might considered be a saving grace (Rickman in ROBIN HOOD, perhaps?), in T:G, it adds nothing.

wayneklein and sunspot42 like this.
  8. mattdm11

mattdm11 Forum Resident

Just came from seeing this and add me to the camp that liked it. A few parts I said oh, come on...then remembered what the premise of the whole franchise was and just enjoyed it. :)

I still think it's the fourth best Terminator, but that's not a bad thing. I liked T3, I don't know why most people didn't. Yeah it wasn't T2 but that movie was pretty incredible, especially for 1991.

I hope they make another one, but based on the numbers, it sounds like it may not happen.

9. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

TG not doing so well at the box orifice. Came in 3rd, behind Inside Out and Jurassic World, at least in the US. Worldwide gross so far is $128 million.

Interestingly, it did see a kick up in receipts on Sunday. Maybe word of mouth is pretty good? Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes made almost twice as much in its opening weekend last year, though. Prometheus actually made more back in 2012.

I think it'll make back its production costs, when you factor in home video, HBO, streaming and everything, but I can't imagine the studio will be in a hurry to greenlight a sequel. Maybe they'll try to "reboot" the franchise again in five...

wayneklein likes this.
  10. He's a competent leading man in the films I've seen from Down Under.

11. I agree - I think he wasn't the ideal person to cast in the role but he did an adequate job. I would have gone with a complete unknown who at least looked s bit like Michael Biehn.

12. Any behind-the-scenes stories you can share without getting in hot water?

I find it ironic that an Ellison (even if they are the kids of Oracle's Larry Ellison) produced the film considered That Harlan Ellison got a settlement for "inspiring" the movie.

13. Huck Caton

Huck Caton Well-Known Member

The vast majority of the movie was shot in New Orleans (for tax credit purposes)—I only did the Los Angeles leg. Let me think if there are any good stories… everybody was super nice so there wasn't much in the way of drama. Also, during the last week on T5 we were concurrently prepping our gear to travel to Romania to start the next feature… so I was crazy busy!

14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Its a piece of crap like everything else released now......

Not worthy of my time!!!!!

Hutch likes this.
  15. Keim

Keim Hangin' here from the start

Did you see it, or are you just passing judgment?

Shawn likes this.
  16. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Terminator 6: Passing Judgement Day. :)

17. Tell us what you really think.

18. better than Terminator 7: Passing a Kidney Stone

The Hud and sunspot42 like this.
  19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I thought this was much more confusing than anything. Too much time jumping.

Thumbs up to Arnie for adding some humor to movie.

20. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

[​IMG]

21. DreadPikathulhu

I thought this did a good job of taking on the time jumping. Not work safe language.

22. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

He just popped into to announce his elitism and then depart. I guess we should feel blessed that he bestowed his awesomeness upon us for a brief moment. :biglaugh:

Shawn, Huck Caton and Keim like this.
  23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

This is kind of an oxymoron. It's like saying, 'I didn't see it, but I don't like it.'

Shawn and marblesmike like this.
  24. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

I saw it and thought it sucked. Dumb and boring action sequences interspersed with a boring plot. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Lots of explosions though! Yay!

25. kippy

kippy Forum Resident

Terrible movie. The acting was really bad. Bad casting. I thought Sarah Conner was awful. No chemistry. Bad dialog. About 20 times in the movie that would explain exactly what was going on in regards to time travel. Bad CGI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.