Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I was going to post, then you posted what the truth is. If you saw last night's show (Sunday), she even said that she did what she did, and said something in the DR like, "I guess I'm paying for my actions" or something similar.

If you go back, I didn't look before I posted, but in one of the spoilers, I wrote about what they showed (in edited version of course. It was about 30 minutes altogether) last night. Da'vonne and Vanessa started talking about the all-girl alliance and Audrey came in from outside. They told Audrey what they were talking about, and Da'vonne confronted Audrey, which turned into a fairly long, tense outing of Audrey's behavior with many people in the house. After that big fight, Audrey went to a couch and isolated herself almost ever since. She's been more social the last couple of days. But don't think she's being portrayed as something she's not. She came into the game playing very hard. My criticsm of her (I think I posted here earlier) was that she's played too hard too fast.

2. rburly

John won POV, so he took himself off the block. Shelli didn't put Liz up, she went through with rethinking her original choice and put up Meg because she thinks Meg is in Da'vonne's alliance and "they'll have to vote one of their own off." So, we have Meg and Da'vonne on Thursday for eviction. Remember that when someone answers the 7th phone call (I think Thursday), that person (whomever in the house) picks 3 people who can't vote Thursday night (the Last Laugh).

3. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Shelli can't think straight. What ever happened to her iron-clad plan to get rid of Audrey? Audrey talked to Clay, and Clay talked to Shelli. Audrey still pulls the strings, and those idiots can't see it. Again, this tells me that Shelli is weak-minded.

4. rburly

I was glad they showed the first day or so of video that showed Audrey, Shelli and Da'vonne talking about the all-girl alliance. When I heard Shelli saying that she wanted to put Da'vonne up because she was afraid that Day would come after her so she better get her first, I was dumbfounded. Everyone in the house wants Audrey out. And that's why no one went up to talk to her about what she was thinking about doing. Everyone thought/thinks it's a no-brainer who should be going this week. Shelli even had to keep her thoughts from Becky because Shelli was determined to get "her person" out. Not the brightest bulb. I think this is an extremely poor decision and will come back to bite her when someone starts thinking of someone to put up for eviction. Bad strategy Shelli.

5. Grant

I'm thinking there is a particular reason Shelli fears Day. Anyway, Shelli had better hope something doesn't muck up her plans because Day really will come after her now if she stays.

6. rburly

Am watching the live feed and Liz has been questioning Steve about a bunch of things in his life. He's a virgin he says. He told her that he just graduated from Cornell and that he's going to study audio engineering at Fredonia University.

Here's what I found: http://www.fredonia.edu/music/srt.asp

Grant likes this.
  7. rburly

Something else I heard last night made me laugh. John and Steve continued talking for quite a while. John was telling Steve how Day thinks Steve is an evil genius a la The Usual Suspects movie. Steve hadn't seen it, but Jogn explained it. Anyway, Steve isn't some guy who's really a genius (he's a smart guy, but Day is way overthinking him) who is a master puppeteer.

Anyway, Steve started asking John about his college years and we found out that John was a Finance major college. Steve was surprised and asked him why. John said, "Because I like money!" Steve asked John how he went from being a Finance major to dentistry. John said, "I told them during my interview (for dental school) that I like money." He said they laughed, but he got his acceptance to the dental school. They continued talking and Steve asked, "Do you like dentistry?" John said "It's OK." Steve then said, "So you like it but don't really like it?" John said, "I don't hate it, but I don't love it." He said that he doesn't mind doing dental work, but it's not something he loves. Steve asked him why he does it then and John said, "I love the money. I love nice cars and nice things, so it's worth it for the money." Remember this during your next dentist visit! :)

8. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

John mentioned this last week too in the HOH room. I thought he said that the comment was made by Audrey in an offhand way to tip others off. Nobody else had seen the movie though.:winkgrin:

9. rburly

Last night also, Liz (or was it Julia? :shrug:) was asking Steve a thousand questions. I started watching after they started, so I don't know if it was Truth or Dare or 20 Questions, but Liz kept asking Steve questions (that's when she asked him if he was a virgin and he said he was) and she asked him about Cornell. He answered all of her questions and said, "No, keep asking because I want to see where this is going." Someone over the weekend (Austin I think) told him he should start telling people about himself because he hadn't shared anything with anybody about himself.

Anyway, Steve was talking telling Liz/Julia about Cornell and he said "No one here probably knows about Cornell or any other colleges, that's why I don't talk about my education." It seemed a little conceited when he said it, but Liz/Julia didn't take any offense. He's an interesting kid.

10. minerwerks

By the way...
    Da'Vonne is on to Liz and Julia. She shared her suspicions with Jason, who initially dismissed it as conspiracy theory, however there was a relatively long conversation late yesterday between them which treated the idea pretty seriously. Not sure what they might do with this information for the next two days...

rburly likes this.
  11. minerwerks

This sounds like the same conversation I was watching, but I saw Steve talking with Vanessa. The whole thing started because Vanessa claimed she knew what gave away Steve if he was lying. She started asking a bunch of questions and she wasn't seeing anything. But Steve said that he hadn't lied in any of the answers, so they kept going.

rburly likes this.
  12. rburly

I heard Jason talking about it last week, but thought it had passed. Let's just say that I hope things work out as planned.

Also, last night, Day was saying she wished that it was Thursday already. She seems to know that she's going home and she said "I hate packing. I wish it was Thursday already.

13. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

It seems to me that this week's target (see Spoiler above), just got louder after Jace left, she was "on to something" every time she turned around, and making sure that America was told about it from the DR. I will be glad to see her go. Like I said last week, Audrey is neutralized. Nobody will be allying, or even siding with her on anything. She can go home whenever it's convenient now, or she can be put on hold - neutralized.

Davonne on the other hand, made the mistake of attacking the HoH's potential showmance boyfriend (nothing is official yet, right?). Is there ever a bigger mistake to make in a BB household?

14. minerwerks

A few days ago, Jeff and Austin stumbled into a fake "radio show" they were doing in the backyard, and in the last two nights, it's blown up into appointment viewing on the feeds. They planned to stop after last night, but they had enough planned to do at least one more night, and with the current events in the house, it could turn into something unique. They've held these after "Big Brother After Dark," so about midnight Pacific, 3am Eastern. If you really like any of the houseguests this year, get the free week of CBS All Access and rewind back to these shows, it's been fun. It even makes Jeff tolerable. ;)

rburly likes this.
  15. rburly

If you have the live feeds, there's a "function" that is on the timeline that allows you to go back to see interesting points of the last 24 hours. The first they have now they call "The Plan To Stay" which I only briefly watched. It didn't seem that interesting. It was Jason and Day, not seemingly going very far.

The second one is called "Twin Theory Spreads." It's Meg, Day, Jason and James talking about Liz/Julia. They call one Thickem and the other Skinny Minny, or as Day called them, Siamese Cats! They're definitely are on to Liz, I'm just not sure if they're going to out them. I'm listening to it right now, and Jason knows they have to out the twins so they both don't come in. I'm having a bad feeling that the twin twist is going to be blown. :realmad:

minerwerks likes this.
  16. minerwerks

I have had so much fun watching this. I've been glued to my computer for the last four hours.

rburly likes this.
  17. minerwerks

I enjoyed seeing how the editors treaded lightly on the houseguests' nicknames for Liz and Julia only to have Da'Vonne yell out, "that's Thickums!" on live TV. :laugh:

Also, I guess I'm one of the only people who enjoyed Jeff & Austin's "podcasts." I saw a recap of events from the feeds which noted that game talk - and talk of anything interesting at all - ended when the podcast started. Ah well. The way I see it, if I wasn't interested in the contestants as people, I might as well watch a pack of squirrels fight over nuts.

rburly likes this.
  18. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

An interesting pair for this week's HOH's, my money is on Austin to win this, as he has been keeping a low profile which is very smart early in the game.

minerwerks likes this.
  19. rburly

I'll be very interested to see who they nominate. My guess is that Audrey will be the object of being backdorred this week. Everyone in the house thought Shelli was going to put her up, but she slid through another week. It would be an easy and expected decision to make. And no one would be upset if Audrey's the target this week. It'll be fun to watch.

minerwerks likes this.
  20. rburly

Austin put up Jason and Meg on the block. Vanessa put up John and James. BOtB hopefully will be later.

21. rburly

Jason and Meg won the BOTB, John and James are the current nominees and Vanessa is the HOH

22. rburly

Austin wants Jeff to be the target this week. Vanessa wants James to be the target, but is OK if Jeff gets back doored Vanessa wants to keep the nominees the same, so James can be voted out, but if James wins the POV, she'll put up Jeff.

23. rburly

John (Johnny Mac) won the POV.

24. Grant

I just caught up on what happened up to last Thursday's eviction. I just hope DaVonne is a better poker dealer than she is a player. That's why she's out of the house. What got her outta there? Her mouth! Audrey really should go next week, but I think she's starting to wise up a bit.

25. Grant

I want to see Jeff go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.