$2400 speakers vs my $150 speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Guy Gadbois, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I don't even know what this thread is about anymore....

2. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

Yes it is...

I should clarify that...the way my speakers sound in MY environment...sound better TO ME..than several other sound environments I've heard higher end equipment in. I haven't had other speakers in my current locale.

Honestly...I'm very happy with my modest equipment and not even considering cost...it sounds pretty darn good in my opinion. :)

3. G E

G E Senior Member

I been down this path.... It gets better eventually and you will have less hair but more money so it evens out. You can get better gear and wonder what it would have sounded like when were 21 or even 35.

4. Diver110

Diver110 Forum Resident

FWIW, I listened to the top of the line Golden Ear under pretty good store conditions (similar electronics to my own, no other speakers very close by) and was not impressed. But then someone on the forum told me that they varied quite a bit based on the electronics used. At the end of the day, I doubt the claim that they are as good as speakers costing 4 times as much. But some speakers with the right set up make a big sonic jump. My Legacys, though, don't seem to be as touchy. Usually, you get what you pay for. To quote CJ, there is no sonic free lunch.

5. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I didn't like the tweeter on the GE's I auditioned (7). A walk across the room while they were playing sounded like there may have been phase issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.