The Fugitive-The Complete Series:The Most Wanted Edition is Back on the Schedule!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Most of the replacement music is in season 3. So for people who aren't OCD, but still care about
    getting a good copy of the show, buy the new set, start watching, and hope you get replacement discs
    Before you finish season two. Season 4 in the new set has identical discs authored from the "Most
    Wanted" complete set that had no music replaced.

2. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

Season 3? Cool, thanks. I don't know that I will require replacements.

3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

For those playing along at home, folks who got the cheap COMPLETE SERIES set and called the phone number for replacements are being sent full sets of the expensive MOST WANTED set. The problem with that is that many of the MOST WANTED sets are still not perfect, having the five discs with tech problems. Two episodes won't fast-forward or reverse; two have audio sync issues, and one has some remnants of Heyes music left in it. Now reports are flowing in that people at Deluxe, the place that is handling the returns, are telling the customers that they don't know anything about a five-disc replacement program.

Around, and around, and around...

Simon A likes this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Harry do you have the toll free number handy?

5. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

877-335-8936 Mon-Fri, 8a-6p Pacific time.

Michael likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

thanks Harry!

7. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

Ok, so my Fugitive story is....I got one of the original recalled 2011 Most Wanted sets. Didn't know about the subsequent 2012 edition and replacement disc program until quite awhile later, and by that time I didn't know if the program was still in effect. After hearing that it still was honoring the program, I called the number in May and was told that the replacement discs would be sent out. After not receiving them after two months, I called again and after checking they said they had been sent the day after I had first called. I told them I never got them. The guy said he'd send out another replacement. Well I just got it today...and it's a complete 2012 Most Wanted set. I noticed the discs now are black versus the original 2011 gray, and sport 2012 dates. I had read (on here I think) that some people who had 2011 editions like me and called also received new 2012 sets, along with the 5 replacement discs that were suppose to address the problems.

So my question for those who may know.....Did they finally correct the 2012 discs at some point, and this set no longer requires replacement discs? Would the change in disc color indicate that? I know the original replacement discs were gray with a new Fugitive image on them. Do I still need replacements? I haven't had time to go through the discs yet myself, but hoped someone might know offhand.

It has been an amazing run of events concerning the Fugitive. I give credit to Paramount for still making things right after all the issues this thing has had.

8. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

I think I answered my question. Checking out one of the known problem discs in the 2012 set and it has the lip sync problem. So....this set didn't include the new discs. Time for another phone call.

(update: call made, supposedly the new discs are being sent this time).

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  9. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

They send out the replacement discs at the end of the month, by the way, so give it a few weeks at least.

10. jjh1959

jjh1959 Senior Member

It might be quicker than that. When I called last Friday about never getting the discs they said they sent in May, they sent out the 2012 box 2nd day Priority.

11. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

Man, this whole DVD saga has lasted longer than Kimble's time on the run!

Simon A likes this.
  12. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

It might be time to call in Lt. Gerard to clear things up.

13. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

You know somebody's gotta be busier than a one-armed wife killer trying to swap out the defective discs.

rockclassics likes this.
  14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

:biglaugh:

15. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

Every few months, they resuscitate Fred Johnson's corpse to handle refilling defective discs, but poor old Fred has only one arm to handle the workload.

16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Somebody needs to start a Go Fund Me account for him to get a prosthetic arm. :winkgrin:

17. Hard Panner

Hard Panner Baroque Popsike & Fuzz

I posted this on that really long Fugitive thread over on the HTF. Reposting here to benefit Hoffmanites.

Mister Charlie likes this.
  18. Mister Charlie

Mister Charlie "Music Is The Doctor Of My Soul " - Doobie Bros.

I've been watching the Complete set, half of season 4 first, because....color. Then back to Season 1, 1/2 way through Season 2 now. God I love this show.

Simon A likes this.
  19. Hard Panner

FOLLOW UP: I have spot checked two episodes on my 2015 "Complete" box set. After I checked the music on the carousel scene for the episode "Brass Ring" and found it to be the proper music, NOT the Heyes replacement music, I asked over on the HTF what else could I spot check on my set. Someone suggested I check the train scene on "Escape Into Black" - so I checked it and yet again it had the proper music, NOT the Heyes replacement music.

I was then asked to pop my DVDs into my computer to see the creaton dates. Here is a screen cap of the DVD that has "Escape Into Black" on it that has the proper music - from my 2015 "Complete" box set:

[​IMG]

Simon A likes this.
  20. Hard Panner

And here is a screen cap of the DVD that has "Brass Ring" on it that has the proper music - from my 2015 "Complete" box set:

[​IMG]

Simon A likes this.
  21. Hard Panner

Now keep in mind, my wife bought my 2015 "Complete" box set back in June from Amazon for a Father's Day present.

Is my 2015 "Complete" box set free of errors? I don't know, that's what I'm trying to determine. Anybody have other places in episodes that would be good to spot check? Wasn't there an episode that had some footage fixed on the "Most Wanted" box? What was that episode and minute mark?

22. Hard Panner

Okay, "Cry Uncle" was the episode that some footage fixed on the "Most Wanted" box. I have spot checked "Cry Uncle" on my 2015 "Complete" box set - I compared my 2015 "Complete" box set to a Youtube video showing the damage, and on my set there are less vertical lines - some are gone entirely, others are considerably less apparent than on the Youtube version. Is this how it is on the "Most Wanted" box - I don't own the "Most Wanted" box?

"Cry Uncle" is on the same DVD as "Escape Into Black" - which I have already reported has the proper music on my 2015 "Complete" box set - here is the screen cap of the DVD I posted earlier after spot checking:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  23. Hard Panner

Okay, just check "Ballad for a Ghost" from my 2015 "Complete" box set. I watched from the 7 minute mark to 13:21 - there is no abrupt edit (Janis is shown singing) and all of the audio matches the Youtube video below. Another winner, folks! This is good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=801&v=tsLi-qRI3ck

Here's the screen cap of the DVD with "Ballad for a Ghost" from my 2015 "Complete" box set:

[​IMG]

24. Hard Panner

More spot checking: I am able to FW and RW on both episodes "Landscapes with Running Figures" Part 1 and 2 with no problem on a DVD player hooked up to a TV set. Here is the screen cap of the DVD containing the episodes "Landscape with Running Figures" from my 2015 "Complete" box set:

[​IMG]

25. Hard Panner

And more spot checking: "Three Cheers for Little Boy Blue" had no problem playing to the end on my 2015 "Complete" box set. I let it go all the way to the modern day CBS logo. I tested it on a DVD player hooked up to a TV set.
    Here is the screen cap of the DVD containing the episode "Three Cheers for Little Boy Blue" from my 2015 "Complete" box set:
    [​IMG]

So that's two more winners for my 2015 "Complete" box set! Keep in mind, my wife bought this for me sometime before Father's Day from Amazon - so correct sets like mine (as far as everything I've checked) were being produced as far back as then - at least. This can not be that rare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.