Decline of Western Civilization - Finally on DVD and BluRay

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mBen989, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That's too bad, but not surprising. But, what I'm wondering is: the only bonus interview I've watched so far is the one with Chris Holmes, and the size of the image keeps shifting. What's the deal with that? Just keep it at the large setting, already!

2. Listening to my iPod the other day, in one of those serendipitous shuffle play coincidences, "Fix Me" by Black Flag came up followed directly by something off the last OFF! album. It's incredible how the only major difference was in the production; otherwise, they both sounded like they could've been recorded within a few weeks of each other rather than about 35 years apart. Morris' voice has barely changed at all.

500Homeruns likes this.
  3. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

Do the transfers warrant getting the Blu-ray or is the DVD box sufficient? There are no extras exclusive to the Blu-ray, correct?

4. psychtrailmix

psychtrailmix Forum Resident

I didn't think the quality of the bonus stuff was too bad..... I did notice in some of the stuff the size of the frame changes every so often.. kind of annoying. Overall, not a huge issue... I loved seeing all that bonus stuff: the extended interview with Darby Crash in the apartment, the extra live Fear footage.... A great set.... Was curious if the Blu-Ray is a huge difference myself such as dlokazip inquires above...

5. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Yes, yes, yes.
    The punk era stuff is great and the LA glam metal stuff from the late 80s has some musical and nostalgic value for me.

6. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Pitchfork currently has an excellent interview with Penelope Spheeris , for anyone interested.

7. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

Part I will be airing next Thursday night on TCM. To be exact, it airs at 2:45 am est Friday morning (10/16). So set your DVRs.

And if you're so inclined, Part II will be airing on TCM on Saturday night at 2:30 am est (Sunday morning 10/18).

sloaches likes this.
  8. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

Yep, just set both of those programs to record. I gotta admit, tho, that TCM seems an odd choice for these docs to air...

9. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

Not so odd if you've ever seen any of their programming for the TCM Underground series, which I assume these are part of given the late-night weekend air times. Lots of cult, exploitation, and horror films that are pretty far removed from TCM's bread-and-butter Hollywood classics.

10. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

The Brain That Wouldn't Die!

11. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

The first one was pretty cool, something of a cult classic. The next two didn't do much for me.

12. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Part II is about to be on TCM in about a half hour, for you night owls.

starfieldroad and hi_watt like this.
  13. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.