Big Brother 17 (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Grant, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me! Thread Starter

Actually, i'd rather see Shelli go home first. Like I said before, I do like Austin, but he's losing it over a woman who doesn't care about him. But, he's dead weight.

Jackie is nice to look at, but I don't care for her. Steve is about the only person I really relate to. I want him to go far in this game.

2. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Did they stop censoring Big Brother After Dark? I've been watching the feeds, so I haven't tuned into Pop until tonight. I watched for five minutes and heard four f-bombs.

Tom in Houston and Grant like this.
  3. minerwerks

Steve, had no idea you cold be so COLD, dude!

4. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

My son and I had a conversation about this very thing earlier today. I reminded him that when we were in England, if something happened that upset me, or didn't go my way, he thought it was funny. Today I explained to him that his mother used to do the same thing, i.e. she found humor in my misfortunes. Fortunately we're no longer married. Earlier today he said "I get that from my mom!" We were watching the show tonight and when Steve came out with that odd statement, my son laughed. He thought that was great. I told him again that I never find humor in others misfortune. Again, we agreed that he "gets that from (his) mother." Ugh...

minerwerks likes this.
  5. rburly

From everything I've seen on the feeds and seen for myself, it appears that Jason has done nothing to campaign for himself and has resigned himself to being evicted tomorrow. I don't understand why he would just give up, but for some reason he made his peace with it as being inevitable. If anyone knows why he wouldn't have tried to save himself, let me know. It's not a good game if people just give up. As an aside, is Austin uber creepy with Liz or what?!

6. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Vanessa's poker face has now officially become Leather Face.

rburly likes this.
  7. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I wonder when those not specifically part of the Clay, Shelli, twins Judas, and Vanessa alliance, are going to snap to it that they need to vote as a block, and not just sit around waiting for their turns to be kicked out. Half of the individuals have been in on the planning stages of backdooring someone for that alliance. I guess they are thinking they are valuable to this 6th sense alliance, when clearly they are being played as pawns. It's as if none of these sheep to the slaughter houseguests have ever seen the show before.

With the twins in, it looks like 6th sense will whittle down the other folks one at a time, until the votes allow Judas to be kicked out. Then they will return to annihilating the little people until they have to turn on each other at the end.

Come on other houseguests unite and fight! It's going to be boring if you don't.

And I hope that Judas ends up in the Jury House with Julia, and no chance at all of getting busy.

minerwerks, rburly and Grant like this.
  8. minerwerks

I'd like to see Meg and James survive longer than any of the Sixth Sense members. I don't think they realized how seriously Clay and Shelli were taking things and appear blindsided that someone finally made a power move. If Meg/James or John/Becky can get in power this week (or especially during a double eviction, which should be one more week away), we might see some shifting going on. At least I hope we see something interesting!

Grant likes this.
  9. rburly

Couldn't agree more. Sleeping in in the morning, afternoons and night and having a summer camp experience won't win BB.

Grant, minerwerks and Tom in Houston like this.
  10. rburly

If James or anyone else "from the other side" wins HOH, things should pick up for the group that most people enjoy. As noted above, this group haven't been playing the game the last week... at least one week.

What really happened, as we say last night was that everyone was on board with Austin being ousted and going home. It was a truly blindside and wimpy move that Vanessa made by backing away from putting Austin up and instead completely blindsiding everyone else in the house and putting Jason up. She knew Jason was a threat, so she made her decision on a quick acknowledgement of Jason's potential threat abilities. I hope it's a one HOH week and "the other side" can put up the bloody ones (Vanessa and/or Shelli).

minerwerks and Tom in Houston like this.
  11. minerwerks

Vanessa made a stupid decision, but she was heavily influenced by Shelli and Clay, and maybe a little of Austin. CBS cut some of Austin's more pathetic pleading to Vanessa in the HOH room about how he wanted to get to Jury just to be with Liz. It seriously went on for like an hour. The tight TV edit focused on the numbers aspect, which is where Shelli and Clay came in. This group suddenly got hung up on getting back to their original idea of having a guaranteed voting bloc of six votes and completely missed how much they were all blowing up their own game. It only took a few hours for everyone on the other side to realize Shelli had been lying to them and of course, Vanessa is drenched in blood.

If they just gave up Austin, they all could have kept their profile low for at least one more week and probably targeted someone else undetected. Not that I'm saying I would have liked that, but seriously, they cut off their noses to spite their faces...

Grant, Tom in Houston and rburly like this.
  12. rburly

Completely agree.

13. Grant

I see a spot on the chopping block with Vanessa's name on it very soon. Too bad. She played a good game until she put up Jason.

14. rburly

That was the problem. Literally everyone in the house, except for Austin obviously, were happy and expecting Austin to be backdoored and sent home. She scared the crap out of everyone in the house who wasn't in on the plan. Vanessa made a critical mistake, despite saying it was the best move for her game.

15. Tom in Houston

She should've made a fast exit from the discussion where Jason's name came up. Shelli was talking absolute numbers. Vanessa's exit line should have been something along the lines of, "We're doing pretty good as is. One vote in (Julia). One vote out (Austin). The twins will be more comfortable with Austin out." Exit stage left.

In thinking the situation through, out loud, she let herself be distracted by the loss of her earliest ally, Austin. She was feeling vulnerable. Plus when speaking of this she offended Clay and Shelli by speaking of her own game before/outside the alliance.

Does she really believe "Judas" is going to forget all that was threatened this week?

Now she has made a huge goof. I see her gone next week too.

Grant likes this.
  16. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

What the heck was the deal of James taking Clay of all people to the Outback dinner with him? That made no sense to me, when James doesn't seem to be part of that group at all.

minerwerks likes this.
  17. minerwerks

The editors had a lot of fun with last night's episode, between James picking Clay for the Outback dinner, Steve reveling in Becky's misery and the bit with the Camera following Steve in the hammock room. I would also add I got a little chuckle out of Austin basically storming in to the hammock room and telling - and not even trying to politely ask - Steve to get out.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  18. Tom in Houston

James was doing the same thing he did when he stopped in to tell Vanessa her mother was "smokin'" - kissing behind.

You have to admit that it made some sense to take the muscle man to the beef feast, a manly gnaw-down indeed!

And I think that all the showmances for this year have been established at this point. So why not use the invite on an Alpha male when it's not going to get you with a female, no matter how many mango margueritas she downs.?

I noticed this type of thing with James a few weeks back when he took a rumor, or whatever was said between him and Audrey, straight from her mouth to Shelli/Clay's ear. He's not in the Sixth Sense alliance, but he wannabees badly.

minerwerks likes this.
  19. Grant

I distinctly remember someone saying that James "isn't into chicks".

Other thoughts: did anyone notice Austin's demeanor when Liz's sister came into the game. He looked happy, yet concerned. He was somewhat pacing in the back.

Tom in Houston likes this.
  20. Tom in Houston

I thought it stuck out that Jackie, who was in on Jason's crew's attempt to save him, voted the other way.

But... it really stuck out that Steve and John didn't think twice about voting Jason out. It looked to me as if no one had even approached them with the "save Jason" plan.

I did enjoy the look at Dentist John's home life and practice. It would be cool to see him become a major player in the home stretch a month from now.

minerwerks likes this.
  21. rburly

James is the new HOH. He was basically playing with everyone else, bending down to keep his legs stretched. When Clay would look over at him, he would look pained and struggling. That comp was tailor made for James. The nominations should be done today... not sure about the Nom competition, that'll probably be done tomorrow.

22. rburly

Oh, James is most certainly into the ladies. He can be mysoginistic at times, but I think he's a red-blooded male in that regard. :p

I saw him stand back and become more, let's say restrained, when Julia came into the game.

Grant likes this.
  23. rburly

When she said Jason, I wanted to jump through the TV and say "What!"

They were not really even questionable votes going into last night, I didn't think.

I think it's always great when they do backstory's. It humanizes the players and we see who they really are. I enjoyed that too. They should do that for everyone.

24. Grant

So, you noticed it too! I think he knows somewhere in the back of his mind that Julia will influence Liz because they are so close, and if they see him as a threat to their game that they will make the effort to get rid of him. In the back of his mind, he may now be realizing that maybe Liz, as much as she has been playing it off, may really not be as into him as he is into her. The song "What A Fool believes" comes to mind.

Other thoughts is that Vanessa, Shelli, and Clay may be making a mistake aligning themselves too closely with the twins. The twins goal is to make the final two together, and, for that to happen, they have to pick off the seventh sense, or whatever they call their alliance.

The rest of the rag-tag group in the house is going to have to quit messing around and band together and start playing hard. They are being picked off one by one, and all they do is cry about it. I think Meggie has a clue and has the mind to fight. Jackie may be seeing the light. The hard part is getting Johnny Mac and Steve on-board because they are numbers.

I really hate the way the people in the house treat Steve. He may not be such a lover and a loose cannon if someone would just bring him in.

25. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I am so tired of seeing Clay and his "puppy dogging" after Shelli, in almost every scene, if she enters a room, there he is right behind her.

Grant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.