The Eagles concert contract = no A/C in the venue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by starfieldroad, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

Messed up hair is a definite no-no for posers..............

Oh, well, its' been a good day in hell.........

jamesmaya likes this.
  2. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

Blows your lines of coke all over the place.

keyXVII, M321115, HotHere and 14 others like this.
  3. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

WTF? In Texas and Louisiana? Remember HUMIDITY? Let me check the gig list. Just saw they played in Bossier, City, LA. Bet that place had a nice aroma before the first set was over. Christ....I remember seeing the Stones in the Superdome 1981. I know it was GA, but they had to hose us down like rabid dogs due to the heat. Can't figure this one out.......

Boy, if I want 90 Degrees(or more), I'll attend a show at the OUTDOOR venue next to the Superdome Champions Square. I want to see the Australian Floyd show, but not keen being outside in NOLA during August, day or night!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    petem1966 and starfieldroad like this.
  4. jahndhi

jahndhi Forum Resident

sweet summer sweat

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Oh well. Music sucks, anyway. :)

6. Muddy

Muddy Large Member

A display of unadulterated contempt for the fans.

No other way to look at it.

7. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

:thumbsup:

8. ChrisEfterklang

ChrisEfterklang Forum Resident

I guess most of you aren't professional singers performing on big scale national / international tours cause otherwise you would have a bit more sympathy for them requesting no A/C.

markbrow likes this.
  9. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Something something Eagles lyric.

10. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow Thread Starter

And you've not experienced 32 degrees (C) with 70% humidity in an enclosed arena with 17,000 people for three hours.

11. Macman

Macman Senior Member

I'm just guessing but maybe someone in the band believes that AC affects their voice or could give them a cough or cold.

12. TS582

TS582 Forum Resident

No I wouldn't.

shirleyujest and petem1966 like this.
  13. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

the artist's management stipulated that there be no air movement on stage during the concert

except for the hot air coming from the stage.

14. ginchopolis

ginchopolis Forum Resident

I'm more familiar with seeing bands having running fans on stage while they're performing. I would *think* a band slugging it out at a club would be working a bit harder than the Eagles, whose onstage moment makes The Cars look like mosh pit.

If anything, a/c would affect vocal chords in a small venue rather than a cavernous one, right?

bababooey, broccolid and DrBeatle like this.
  15. starfieldroad

I think this is a humidity / drying out vocal chords issue combined with an inability of facility managers to address the bands' concerns while keeping the audience comfortable. Concert attendees, from different venues, talk about heat stroke or being so uncomfortable they had to leave early.

If the wind generated by the HVAC blowers is so severe on stage as to impact the singers then they need an engineer to come in and make adjustments.

or whatever.

Until such a point (the AC being corrected) it is patently irresponsible to hold indoor events at the height of summer heat and humidity without appropriate air conditioning (removing excess heat & humidity).

ConnieGuitar likes this.
  16. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

If you want air conditioning you need to get the $1,000 seats.

keyXVII, Merrick, Complier and 2 others like this.
  17. starfieldroad

In the long run, standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona is going to dry your vocal chords out. One of these nights he's going to have to ask the girl in the flatbed Ford to turn the the AC down.

18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

This sounds like what Sinatra used to say about 'Vegas throat'. Playing Vegas would put you at risk for throat issues, except he used to say Wayne Newton was somehow immune to it.

19. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

Nothing has ever summed up the emotional aura around the Eagles better than this beautiful sentiment.

20. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Old folks get cold easily.

21. impalaboy

impalaboy Forum Resident

Great, in addition to "convenience fees", we'll soon be paying "comfort fees". :cussing:

SecondHandNews and broccolid like this.
  22. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

You beat me to it...that sentence was a thing of beauty.

starfieldroad likes this.
  23. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

"I want no AC in the venue for the fans. I want all my beer and drinks chilled in the dressing room. I want all my blue M&M's at exactly 65 degrees F. I want the walkways to the stage to be covered in rosepetals. I want my dressing room to be at minum 50 sq feet larger than Walsh's. I want my shoes buffed with a fine chamois. "

Don

broccolid, JasonA and majorlance like this.
  24. gohill

gohill Senior Member

If it's The Eagles, it is probably a business decision. No doubt their people have commissioned reports that say if the main arena A/C is turned off for a certain amount of time it will ensure a further x% of people leave the arena during the show for x number of minutes and 20% of said people will spend extra $$$'s on merchandise at the outlets outside the main arena area thereby generating extra $$$$$ for them. Frey and Henley also probably have a contracted clause for each show that they get a percentage of the food and drink outlets profit on each Arena show and studies show that shutting off the A/C increases drink sales by 30% or something; also increasing $$$$ to them. Probably.

25. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Exactly. It's well-known that AC is hard on your singing voice. But it's the Eagles, so everyone can make their drug/coke/greed "jokes."

Dr Faustus, Dave, Oatsdad and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.