The Eagles concert contract = no A/C in the venue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by starfieldroad, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

It's not like they'd be blowing directly on the vocal chords. People sing in AC'd studios. God knows those racks gen up a heat signature....

BluesOvertookMe and DrBeatle like this.
  2. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

Don gets 10% of every rib sammich/Molson Ice combo meal.

3. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I am the only person I know who does not have air conditioning: Hey Eagles. Feel free to send me your non-used AC while performing. Much appreciated.

4. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

With the AC off, I'm guessing she wasn't the only one stinking that night... just sayin'... ;)

PHILLYQ likes this.
  5. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Their fans allow this to happen by attending the shows and not demanding refunds.

DrBeatle likes this.
  6. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

Or it's just an occupational hazard.

To me, being a real pro is being able to do your show in whatever outside/peripheral conditions are thrown your way (edit: so long as it's not a safety concern for both audience and artist).

Maybe Sinatra got "Vegas throat" and it wasn't fun, but he performed and delivered anyway.

7. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

"belching and farting out their hot & moist chain restaurant & cheap beer vapors."
    This may be the greatest piece of prose I've come across this year. But does hot and moist really merit an ampersand? It's not a Little Caesars pizza...

starfieldroad and DrBeatle like this.
  8. YouKnowEyeKnow

YouKnowEyeKnow Forum Resident

I saw the Eagles in Rupp in 1979. No issues with cool air then, but hey, it was October. I paid $12.50 for a great seat and thought it was a great price for a ticket. NOW... The Eagles aren't worth $12.50, and not worth five cents to watch a bunch of washed up geezers with sweat pouring down my crack in a box.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    starfieldroad likes this.
  9. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

HOT-tel California.

broccolid likes this.
  10. Malina

Malina Forum Resident

Eagles get a cut of the drink sales.

11. Pickoid

Pickoid Forum Resident

I saw them in Little Rock Monday night. We were up in some nosebleed seats (pre-sale tickets, mind you, but I digress). Anyway, it was awfully warm up there by intermission, but it never occurred to me that this could possibly be by request of the artist. I just assumed the venues AC couldn't keep up with all those thousands of aged fans rockin' out. It was probably still way over 90 degrees outside when the show started at 8 PM. It was uncomfortable, but not unbearable. I was more concerned by the serious fight that broke out a couple of rows down from us. The fight was exactly coincident with the opening chords of Hotel California in the encore. Surreal...

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Does there really need to be NO A/C, though? Couldn't they just stipulate it not be set below a certain temperature so that the arena is maybe a few degrees warmer than normal but not absolutely miserable? Could they just put some humidifiers on stage?

RubenH likes this.
  13. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

You shut the AC off when tracking in the studio.

The mics puck up the moving air, plus the 'whurrrr' of running machinery.

14. telepicker97

Well, when people are paying over $200/Seat, maybe the artist owes it to the audience to put on the best performance possible??

15. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Air movement can mess up comb overs.

16. telepicker97

People are so devoid of actual intelligence, making the same jokes over and over on the Internet is actually how they arrive at some sort of self-esteem...as if making a greed joke about the Eagles would prove ones wit and originality...

Most people are pretty simple...and easily amused.

17. starfieldroad

starfieldroad chew up your love then swallow Thread Starter

u mad bro?

broccolid likes this.
  18. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

I own a studio. You keep it cool until you hit record.

19. overdrivethree

overdrivethree Forum Resident

If you're charging $200/seat, you better be able to give your best performance in any number of conditions. Or provide comfortable conditions for your audience.

This isn't just a pot-shot at the Eagles for the sake of it - but the prices they charge, in concert terms, are like splurging on first class seats on an airplane, or going out to a fancy dining establishment. You expect the experience to be not only pleasant overall, but comfortable.

Muddy likes this.
  20. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

True, but you're not recording with the AC off for 3 solid hours without breaks, are you? ;)

telepicker97 likes this.
  21. TS582

TS582 Forum Resident

And then become Eagles fans.

22. Terry

Terry Senior Member

I'm a stage actor and would kill for air conditioning at any venue. And before you state accurately that I do not perform in 18,000 seat venues, my voice is expected to reach the back rows of sizable theatres. It's part of the gig that I agree to when I step on stage.

MoonPool and Coricama like this.
  23. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Probably someone told them there would be lots of fans in the audience and so they thought there would no need for the A/C.

24. kozy814

kozy814 Forum Resident

No -- Vocals are the only real issue, and those can be recorded isolated. Close miking guitars in an isolation booth does not pick up duct noise. Drums have close miking and baffles, so no real problem there, plus you run noise gates post, so no leakage. If you do a live room, you shut off the fans.

DrBeatle likes this.
  25. Manalishi

Manalishi With the 2-pronged crown

Well, you're sure as hell not going to get any movement from the Eagles themselves. What was that classic quote about "5 guys loitering onstage"?

YouKnowEyeKnow and DrBeatle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.