New Chemical Brothers release next month

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by robertk, Jun 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertk

robertk Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's about time. "Born in the Echoes" . I have my pre-order for the EU vinyl pressing. Hopefully they will have a 12" single or two---which they almost a certainty. I have 30 pieces of vinyl by these guys and love those EU pressings which are as good as anything being released on vinyl. And tough on stereo systems.

Any other Chemical Brothers admirers paying attention to that new release?

2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I liked them quite a bit back in the day but must admit to not keeping up. How are the last couple of releases?

3. pez

pez Forum Resident

Born in the echoes arrived today on vinyl and it sounds amazing. Says various things in the dead wax such as "hello mate" and "as per email". Very thick vinyl or maybe because I'm used to 60's and 70's pressings! Anyway, very nicely packaged and really pleased with this double lp. Thought it'd be a 45rpm but it's a 33.
    Need to give this more listens but takes me back to Louis French kiss in places and ahead of the game bangin in others. Brilliant.

4. robertk

The 45 rpm is off their website only. 1000 pressings of it and is a 3lp set.

5. jonstatt

jonstatt Forum Resident

There is no 45rpm version. The 3lp set is still 33rpm. It is an extra wide groove pressing for high dynamic range, and a loud recording. This maximises bass performance while reducing audibility of pops/clicks etc. To do that and be 45rpm would have been one track per side :)

6. robertk

The one I ordered is listed as 45 rpm. I'll check it out when it arrives.

7. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I like the collaboration with Beck.

8. jonstatt

jonstatt Forum Resident

Where did you order from? I do have the 3*LP set ordered in the UK directly from the so-called Chemical Brothers store together with the numbered Lithograph. It corresponds with
    http://www.discogs.com/Chemical-Brothers-Born-In-The-Echoes/release/7045754
    Although they say there it is pressed by Optimal and I think that is a mistake and it is the feared GZ Vinyl. I only have had a chance to play disc 1 and it was clean...hope the other 2 are just as good!

9. robertk

That is the one I ordered from the website. I also ordered the EU 2 disc set from Germany. Either has yet to arrive.

10. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone had more experiences with this release on vinyl; I'm in the USA but I think it's the same pressing worldwide. Hearing that GZ pressed it is a little unnerving but they seem to be improving this year.

Local shop also has a used copy of Further lp but it's way overpriced :(

11. andres lira

andres lira Forum Resident

12. Mr.Sneis

Mr.Sneis Forum Resident

Thank you for sharing the link! Got Surrender recently from bn.com of all places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.