Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Tug Of War & Pipes Of Peace coming! (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by daveidmarx, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Thanks! Are you expecting the official announcement from MPL to be today, or do you think we have we a while longer to wait for that?

2. Wogew

Wogew Member of The People's Front of Judea

No. But "Tug of War" is Paul's baby and he wanted to improve upon the original mix. I don't think he cares enough for "Pipes of Peace" to consider it for remixing.

Yorick and Calico like this.
  3. Wogew

Yes, Paul (and the Beatles) usually wait for USA to wake up before they post important release information. So yes, later today.

4. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

going from 16bit to 24bit would be enough to warrant a true hi-res version

5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Could someone wake America up early today?

6. Calico

Calico Senior Member

WAKE UP AMERICA!

7. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

That's the reason why I'm not sure about this new info I got and I'm trying to check it. Furthermore the song is copyrighted by MPL Communication Inc, and so it seems that it was recorded outside the UK. Keep you updated :)

8. Wogew

I remember going to the Twice in a Lifetime film when it was shown here in Norway, bringing my portable tape recorder just to catch the song. A true audience recording!

9. Calico

Calico Senior Member

I did exactly the same the following year for "Shanghai Surprise"!

10. Wogew

Yes, and I did it earlier for "Time Bandits" to catch "Only a Dream Away" ;-)

11. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

So this comes out Oct 2, one week later is the 9th, hopefully an announcement regarding a dvd of the one to one concert is forthcoming from the Lennon camp? Fingers crossed, wallet open.

mr._mojo_filter likes this.
  12. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

Denny also says "or Conway" after the Denver shout-out so maybe Conway Twitty was there too...

leeroy jenkins likes this.
  13. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

I believe it was recorded during the War and Peace sessions but not released until 85 so Martin was likely involved.

14. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

WHA- WHO- HUHH??

*scrolls up*

IT'S HAPPENING!

anyways.. Limited deluxe edition?
    Something sounds off..

15. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Best post of the month. Thank you :)

16. Thrillington

jordanlolss likes this.
  17. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

only the SUPER deluxe edition is limited

18. jordanlolss

So the only difference is that the super deluxe comes in an acrylic box with 5 photos?

Both albums say that they come with a 112 page book + 64 page extra book.. So does that mean they both come with 2 separate books in a box set form?

19. Thrillington

Many other boxsets, (RAM, V&M etc) have had a smaller softbound book within the main book, usually a complete facsimile of a contemporary scrapbook or tour programme.

As for this 'acrylic' box, well I await the photos with the announcement. Hand-numbered photos and a fancy box might not be enough to entice me for the big one.

20. funkydude

funkydude Forum Resident

yes

21. jordanlolss

I wonder how much more this super deluxe will be considering it doesn't come with that significant of an upgrade. I'm sure it'll be a decent amount more, just because it has the name Paul McCartney and limited to 1,000 copies on it.

(Also on the wogblog it says oct 3 USA release.. That's a saturday, lol :p )

22. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking if both albums will have a "Super Deluxe" limited edition release? The suggestion so far is that only Tug Of War has this option, however Amazon.com does have a version of Pipes Of Peace available for pre-order at $219.99 ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012T50T7W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 ) so it will be interesting to see what this is once details emerge, or whether this option disappears completely!

23. slane

slane Forum Resident

I thought it was 'I wish that I could be....John Denver....oh I can't wait' :confused:

24. Thrillington

Same! Never heard of Conway Twitty until this morning.

AppleCorp3 likes this.
  25. bward

bward Senior Member

The deluxe for Fireman Electric Arguments was right around $100.00, and it had a lot of content, all housed in a metal box.

Hoping the super deluxe for Tug is around that price. Of course, the Tug super deluxe is limited to 1,000 copies, so there is that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.