Harry Belafonte Sings The Blues - Impex 45 RPM on sale - Soundstage Direct

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ggergm, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season Thread Starter

I was nosing around Soundstage Direct's site and noticed they had Impex 45 RPM 2 LP pressing of Harry Belafonte Sings The Blues marked down from $55 to $34.99. I know there are two new Analogue Productions vinyl versions, both 33 and 45 RPM remasters, that have just become available. I couldn't find a review on SH.tv on this Impex LP version but I took a flyer and bought it. For the price, I can't imagine I won't like this pressing.

http://www.soundstagedirect.com/har...-sings-the-blues-180-gram-vinyl-records.shtml

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  2. Bob Donnelly

Bob Donnelly Senior Member

No, Analog Productions only did this in 33 and SACD. Impex is the only 45 rpm version currently available.

3. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season Thread Starter

I thought I saw a new master from AP that would be a 45 RPM. Maybe I was wrong. It wouldn't be the first time today and it's barely after 8 AM.

In any case, the deal is over with Soundstage Direct. For anyone else who jumped on the offer, congratulations. I just listened to Harry Belafonte Sings The Blues last night. Wowie kazowie! Belafonte's voice is so pure and up front, the LP it reminds me of the most is Steve's remarkable 45 RPM remaster of The Nat King Cole Story. This Impex version is that good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.