Sly and the Family Stone 8LP Vinyl Box......$45!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by The Beave, Jul 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it! Thread Starter

Didn't want this one to get buried before other Hoffman-ites had a chance at snagging this incredible deal:
    And thanks to the OP who put this up here:

Sly and the Family Stone, Higher! 8xLP box set, $45.32 new from importCDs: http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00DX88FTO.

Obviously a typo but I bought mine yesterday and they say it shipped. This thing lists for like $200!!!!

the beave

2. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Thank you and thank the OP. Took me awhile but I ordered this one, just hope it's the vinyl and not CDs.

3. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

4. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Sometimes I wish I didn't read this forum. It came to double that to get it to Oz. Still only just over $10 each delivered.

5. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

$68 US now.

6. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Wow ! Back up to $142 US now. Did get a 'Shipped' on mine from $42US tho. Good catch Beave.

7. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

8. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Yeah I think you're right. I'm not very familiar with Amazon (since we don't have it here) and I think I saw the Amazon price instead of the Importcds price - or something.

Either way $45 was a good catch by the Beave. Did end up costing me $90AU delivered eventually tho. so no new boots (or Fillmore Live Sly) for me this week.

9. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Come on E. Baba those new Blundstones can't set you back that much can they??? :D

10. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Totally O/T:
    It is Blundstones indeed. Retail is $130 and income is $400/wk. Old ones are getting worn but still be thrashed some more. The soles always go first while the upper leather is still perfectly good. I'd get them resoled but no-one wants to do polyurathane (or whatever it is.)

I get the non steel capped pull on ones. They quickly get to feel like outdoor slippers.

11. The Beave

Why Thank Ya E.Baba!
    heck even at $80, a two hundred dollar deluxe 180 gram vinyl box set, that would be a steal.....
    Hopefully mine should show up this week and we'll see if it is indeed vinyl or a smaller cd package.
    I'm glad I didn't over extended myself by making it it's own thread but I really didn't want to see it disapear before some fellow Hoffman's could take advantage of it. I'm glad a few of you did!!
    And again, thank you to the OP in the other thread that I got turned on to this from. Job well done!

the beave

12. JBryan

JBryan Forum Resident

The box arrived this morning and its indeed, the 8-record set...(yay). As per usual with ImportCD's, the packaging leaves a lot to be desired - thin cardboard box with a couple of air pillow strips placed on top of the records. This is how A'zon used to pack but improved dramatically once they figured out what records were and how particular folks like us could be about their vinyl - bent or dinged corners, crushed box edges... the horror! :yikes:

Luckily, the box set arrived safely without any damage but these guys are just rolling the dice hoping for careful, friendly handling from the postal service...:biglaugh:

BTW, Thanks for the heads up - never thought I'd have such a comprehensive catalogue of Sly's output.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    Naughty Chord likes this.
  13. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

You're all welcome!
    I had the same packaging issue w/importCDs--in fact, it was delivered with importCDs' flimsy box split open. There was a ding to the bottom of the outer packaging on the box set, but the records are all perfect looking. I had a chance to spin some of the records, and they sound phenomenal. I'm glad Kevin Gray mastered this set.

14. johnt23

johnt23 Forum Resident

Did Kevin Gray actually master this? A few owners mentioned seeing something that looked like his initials in the deadwax. However, on musicdirect's site, they claim it was done by Vic Anesini.

15. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

His initials are in the deadwax. He mastered the vinyl. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Vic Anesini mastered the CDs, but I don't know for certain.

Naughty Chord and johnnypaddock like this.
  16. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Vic mastered the full catalog on cd , so that would make sense .

17. Citroen

Citroen vinylholic

Thanks!

Ordered on 26th, arrived 30th, all for $45 plus $15 postage. AND its the vinyl, not the cds.

The standard importcd packaging but no damage to outer box or boxset, despite its flight to NZ via FedEx
    :) :) :) :) ;)

18. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Incredible!!! You got yours, in New Zealand, before I did in Miami. The package originated in Tennessee, which is only a couple of states over from me...and I ordered on the 22nd. :laugh: :shrug:

Tracking shows mine out for delivery today.

Naughty Chord and johnnypaddock like this.
  19. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Just got this set and I see KG@CA in the deadwax. That should be Kevin Gray at Cohearent Audio. This is a massively beautiful package and sounds great. Thanks to Gabe Walters for being the first to post this deal over in the Amazon thread :righton:. I don't think that he received proper credit when The Beave started this thread.

20. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Mine arrived safe and secure today. Gonna' have to wait 'til tomorrow to listen. Going to see Cracker tonight at a small club!

black sheriff and johnnypaddock like this.
  21. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Nice... I was just listening to Kerosene Hat the other day while I was cooking on the grill. It was great. Have fun at the show.

black sheriff likes this.
  22. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Thanks Johnny!

23. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

I keep forgetting to offer my thanks, to both @Gabe Walters and @The Beave - you guys are great. I spaced on ordering a copy after seeing Gabe's first post and then this thread reminded me.

:cheers:

Gabe Walters and black sheriff like this.
  24. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Mine arrived today, they shipped it from their UK operation so no VAT and dreaded collection fee plus it was actually pretty well packaged in an oversized heavy duty box with lots of padding, being the end of the month with bills to pay I was really stretched buying this, but I'm so glad I did, for just over £40 it's a great buy, thanks again to the OP.:cheers:

culabula likes this.
  25. The Beave

I did indeed give the original OP credit. And I stated that I started this particular thread so that the deal wouldn't get buried in the other thread before other Hoffman ites could score it. But it's there in my original first post. Good Job Gabe! :goodie:

Oh, BTW I did get mine yesterday, forgot that I had it coming because it got to me kinda fast, but I really forgot it's an LP set so when I picked up the box and saw how heavy it was, I was like scratching my head.........o_O
    then I opened up the box.......WoW..... I just started laughing at the bargain......what a beautiful box set........Unreal how sometimes these deals show up........Numbered too.

I Love Vinyl.........
    the beave

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.