Huge MFSL Collection at Zia Tempe,AZ

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by mwheelerk, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music... Thread Starter

I am standing in Zia's in Tempe, AZ right now. Someone traded in a fairly large number of MFSL Gold CD's in the past couple of days. Maybe 75 titles. There are some very collectible titles but the prices on some are pretty strong still if you need some they are in a locked case next to the trade in counter.

tmtomh likes this.
  2. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I posted this info about a week ago. I was lucky enough to snag both Supertramps and the Tull 'Stand Up' with 20% coupons and credit. I had pointed out that the collector who sold his stuff to Zia was the one who put those disc liners on his CDs. The CDs and the cases were pristine.

3. mwheelerk

sorry i missed it

4. Bad Samaritan

Bad Samaritan Forum Resident

I picked up several of these in a few trips. I'm sure I overpaid for some, but I just don't have the time to invest in the hunt for bargains these days. I did use the 20% off coupons and points as much as I could. As noted, nearly all were minty and there were some I've never seen in the wild. I did mention to the cashier that many are overpriced or else I'd likely buy more and he said to come back when the manager was working and he'd likely work out a deal.

5. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Hard to whittle down the price and then use the 20% coupons they issue.

6. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

So what prices did you guys pay for which titles? Just wondering!

7. mwheelerk

A couple I saw was Joe Cocker Mad Dogs (silver) $34.95, Neal Diamond Hot August Night $179.95, Clapton Just One Night $39.95 and I think the Frampton Comes Alive was $119.95. I think the low single CD prices I saw were $24.95 and the highest I recall $79.95.

8. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Crime of century was $50, Breakfast in America was $40, Stand Up was$50. Reasonable prices but not a steal. The extra 20% was a nice extra. There was a Tull Living in Past that was $115.

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I will sell my Hot August Night for $175 and give someone a deal. :)

10. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Went back there yesterday. A few new titles. Someone got the Tull "Living In the Past".

And for those of you still interested, Hot August Night is still available:cool:

11. Lunna

Lunna Forum Resident

those are awfully high prices...

bluesbro likes this.
  12. mwheelerk

Yup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.