Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Donniej

Donniej Senior Member

I found that on Craigslist. It's a 70's teak veneer shelf. Made specifically for components and records. It was exactly what I needed!

2. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Out of the question, unfortunately. As soon as I can afford it, I'm having them repaired. Won't be for a while, though.

3. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

looks like Debut Carbon in white to me. I have the same table. Damn good table for $400........and comes with the Ortofon Red!

4. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Every time I go to the gym I am amazed how good my Etomotic "in ears" sound...just plugged into my iPod shuffle. $150.00 investment from years ago.

5. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

i have one...just did a shootout between the original metal platter (cork mat) vs. the acrylic...

the metal sounds much better ...believe it or not...!!!!

6. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

That's good to know. I thought about the acrylic platter but just put a cork mat on and it sounds good. The mat that comes with was pretty bad.

Here's mine. Don't mind the camera lens cap. It just happened to be living there when I took the photo.
    [​IMG]

CowFish, BigGame, 762rob and 7 others like this.
  7. bluesky

bluesky Senior Member

Teak is cool.

Donniej likes this.
  8. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Hello bluesky. I like you avatar and remember perusing your profile to see your affection for 70's Sansui. I agree and admire you devotion. I have a TU-417 tuner that I am quite fond of. It is in good condition with all functions working, including all the lamps,....and of course, sounds great!

timztunz likes this.
  9. My understanding from the pro's at GIK is that diffusion behind you needs at least 4-5 feet to be effective.

If you don't have that much space, you may want to try a few of their Monster Bass Traps or something similar. Usually tightens up the sound a lot, particularly in the similarly smallish room unused to be in.

Edit: Saw in a subsequent post where you removed the absorption, so ignore though I guess that wouldn't change what the diffusion needs to be effective.

timind and brew ziggins like this.
  10. Eduardo Denaro

Eduardo Denaro Forum Resident

Kyhl, jon9091, royzak2000 and 5 others like this.
  11. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Welcome! There are some beautiful rooms/systems here aren't there?
    Glad you enjoy your room/gear!! ...and yes the pics worked.

From another wintery place!! :agree:

12. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Which Marantz receiver is that?

13. Eduardo Denaro

The one on the left is a Marantz SR4023. The silver one on the right is a Marantz Model 2230. I use that one more for mono listening.

14. vs_jk

vs_jk Forum Resident

I've been thinking about adding cable elevators for my main system. Right now the speaker cables are on top of some medium pile carpet. What difference did you notice with the elevators in place?

15. If you copy and paste the "direct" link then the photo will actually show up here rather than having to click on it. Welcome.

16. Eduardo Denaro

Thanks Mazzy. As a residential home contractor I have enjoyed seeing the progress of your basement music room.

Mazzy likes this.
  17. Thanks. It will be great in the winter when I start using the radiant floor heating we installed. Very efficient.

18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I don't recall seeing rifles in any previous room photos - now that is a man cave! :D

ccarty likes this.
  19. timind

timind phorum rezident

And quite the collection there.

nbakid2000 likes this.
  20. Eduardo Denaro

I don't have another spare room right now for my other hobbies. There's no good place in the room for my ten point whitetail mount. And my wife won't let it hang in the living room or bedroom. Imagine that.

21. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I have a gun safe but security protocols forbid me to mention its location.

22. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

Just picked up a new amp yesterday, a McIntosh MC-250 and loving it so far. Doesn't look too bad either :agree:

[​IMG]

Definitely feels like an upgrade over the amp in the integrated ma6100. Now I just have to clean up this cable mess...

23. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

God I hate gardens, had a house for some years with a garden on three sides, a giant scythe was the only way to sell it.
    Had a little vegetable/herb bit, could have done it in a window box.

24. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

Just click on the bottom box in Photobucket. cmd/c and we will see your system in all it's glory.

25. Eduardo Denaro