Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Tug Of War & Pipes Of Peace coming! (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by daveidmarx, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Yes, I know many of us are in different time zones: But could you at least wait to say that until I'm done with breakfast? ;)

2. Agree that Wild Life is the Main Event

3. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I would be perfectly happy if the next entries in the series were Broad Street and Press To Play. Of course, now the question is how are the remaining Wings albums going to be grouped? I can easily see Wildlife and Back to the Egg being grouped together as bookends to Wings' career, with Red Rose Speedway being released on its own a la Ram.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  4. graystoke

graystoke Forum Resident

Imagine that on a "Coming Soon" card!

theMess and Frank like this.
  5. Arnold Grove

Speaking of Wild Life:
    [​IMG]
    Cecil the lion.

Calico, Mazzy and daveidmarx like this.
  6. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

So where does that leave "London Town"?

7. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Just south of Watford o_O

Edit: Sorry...... no obvious pair for it under that system, but maybe they pair it with something completely unrelated

8. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Doh!

Okay, then. Wildlife with Speedway and London Town with Egg. The way forward is clear.

DmitriKaramazov and Mazzy like this.
  9. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

I think the most logical pairing would be London Town/Back To the Egg and Wild Life/Red Rose Speedway, especially since the latter pair seem to overlab and I imagine they both would encompass material from the '72/'73 UK tour, and in both cases, you have a more successful album propping up a less successful album. Both Wild Life and Back to the Egg are considared duds, an assessment I don't agree with, but they wouldn't make a good pairing.

OobuJoobu likes this.
  10. Arnold Grove

It'll be paired with "Blackpool" ... ;)

11. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

God, I hope you're wrong. Bring on London Town/Back To The Egg.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  12. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Now the listing for the Super Deluxe has been changed slightly. Now it says in large print "HAND NUMBERED" acrylic case plus hand numbered photos. Interesting. Very interesting. I'm still holding out for Paul to hand number the 1000 cases lol!

5th-beatle and theMess like this.
  13. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt Thread Starter

When I first saw this photo, it looked like poor Cec' had no legs. Then when I noticed that he did, I realized that I now had to see him without legs. Thus:
    [​IMG]
    "My lion he got no legs...." :nyah:

14. etcetera

etcetera Forum Resident

The new mix of say say say has been done by Mark Spike Trent

15. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Surprised it's still on sale, thought it would have sold out by now.

16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would pair Wild Life with Red Rose Speedway, and London Town with Back To The Egg, because in both cases the hit/more-popular-album (RRS, London Town) would help to support the album considered to be lesser (in these cases, Wild Life and BTTE), just like the McCartney album did with McCartney 2, and just like Venus And Mars did with At The Speed Of Sound. It would also help with regards to the continuity of the series and the 'ark of Paul's musical progression'.

I personally think that this approach would also work well with later albums; the more experimental but relatively less successful Press To Play could then be paired with the successful and liked Flowers In The Dirt, and the relatively less popular Off The Ground could be paired with the acclaimed Flaming Pie. Later on, Driving Rain and Chaos And Creation could be partners, as could Memory Almost Full and New (if they ever go that far).

That would allow Paul to release the cover albums together (Broadstreet, Run Devil Run and KOTB), and the live releases together (Unplugged, Paul Is Live, Back In The Us, etc), if he is releasing the live albums.

She is anyway, jeatleboe and Frank like this.
  17. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Clearly Paul has a strong love for TOW. That is why he remixed that album alone and has a super deluxe for only that album. That album is also the one of the two that was a hit commercially AND critically. Pipes wont sell nearly as many as TOW and Paul knows that. That record was not the priority for him or his team. "Say Say Say" was remixed because that is the hit and the selling point for Pipes. And I would assume Pipes is remastered...

18. Joost van Gijzen

Joost van Gijzen Avada Kedavra, MF's!

Yes, except that Cage is actually a good song....

19. RAJ717

RAJ717 Forum Resident

While I am indeed disappointed with the selection of bonus tracks for these two releases, I can't wait to hear them in remixed and remastered form as well as digital releases for those b-sides we've been clamoring for all these years. I will spend my hard-earned money on the 2-cd editions.

20. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Not yet, I'm not. 29th August...

Rob Hughes, theMess and Sean Murdock like this.
  21. Paul H

Depends. For all we know it was recorded much earlier (like My Carnival was recorded way before its appearance on single). It might be that we're in line to get it on London Town or Back To The Egg but, because they haven't rolled up yet it's still off the radar.

22. daveidmarx

If one of the focal points of this series (the Archive Collection) is to showcase Linda's photography, then I cannot see this series continuing past Flaming Pie. That said, maybe they could just release 2-CD versions (or 2-CD + DVD) of the remaining albums. That's if this series ever gets that far.

theMess likes this.
  23. daveidmarx

Nice. You're getting married on what would have been Michael Jackson's 57th birthday to promote the 2015 remix of Say Say Say. Verrrry savvy move there, Paulie! ;)

theMess likes this.
  24. Paul H

Ow! He he! Ooh!

25. Arnold Grove

Join the club!!

theMess likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.