Gibson/Heritage bridge question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mike in Houston, Jul 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston Formerly 118mw123 Thread Starter

Lol my phone doesn't know that word. auto correct error.

2. Gretsch6136

Gretsch6136 Forum Resident

Any electronic guitar tuner will give you a better result than your ear, unless you have extremely sensitive pitch perception. My method for setting intonation is to hold the guitar in the playing position and compare (using the tuner plugged into the guitar) the note at the 12th fret to the open string.

Just remember this: FFF - Fret,Flat,Forward.

It means that if the fretted note is flat compared to the open note, move the saddle forward to shorten the string length until you get them in tune with each other. Of course the opposite applies if the fretted note is sharp.

Remember that how hard you press the string against the fret will affect the accuracy of this procedure too. Try to use the same pressure you would when playing normally.

Your should check your intonation whenever you change brand or gauge of strings, and whenever you make adjustments to the action of the guitar (bridge height, nut height, neck relief).

Cheers,

Mark

Mike in Houston likes this.
  3. Bolero

Bolero Senior Member

well, now that it's fixed, how about a pic of your guitar?

:D

which model is it?

Heritage makes fantastic guitars, congratulations

4. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston Formerly 118mw123 Thread Starter

My favorite guitar. It has Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck and Seth Lover in the bridge:goodie:
    [​IMG]

Bolero likes this.
  5. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

I'll have to second the Peterson recommendation. But, I use the hardware versions. I've had a StroboStomp on my main pedal board for years. I don't leave home without it. My guitars are also fitted with Earvana nuts. Sucks for keyboard players, though. Now they have to find someone else to glare at. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.