3-D Rarities

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Bob Furmanek, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Forum Resident Thread Starter

Here are some comments on 3-D RARITIES:

"3-D Rarities is the most prized Blu-ray in my library of well over 100 3D titles. It is the absolute best 3D title currently available -- and it accomplishes that task without being Avatar."

"3-D Rarities is the demonstration disc that belongs in the collection of every aficionado of 3-D films."

"What an extensive 35-year labor of love. I appreciated how this was laid-out by the producers and the restoration work is extremely impressive. If you are even remotely keen - we give this a VERY strong recommendation!"

"Perhaps the best thing about the 3-D Rarities collection is the curatorship involved. Some of these pictures exist only with flawed elements, and the Archive experts have managed, where needed, to restore and realign each eye."

"This set offers a great mix of quality effects and archival material that cinephiles will want in their collections, presented in terrific quality with some interesting and informative extras."

"The people at 3-D Film Archive have done a magnificent job, performing sometimes miracles on the original faded, damaged and mis-aligned 3D footage."

"3-D RARITIES ranks as not just a gotta-have-it compilation for 3-D enthusiasts, but also one of the year’s top catalog releases of any kind to date."

"This is a great disc for fans of film history and it’s even better for 3D fans. If you have a 3D TV and are interested in film history, you really have to pick up 3D RARITIES."

"We feel the 3-D Rarities collection from Flicker Alley offers an enlightening mix of shorts that give us a greater perspective of 3D history. Once you experience it, you’ll agree that some of this footage deserves its own cult following."

"This is work of cinematic art, resurrected as reminder that James Cameron and his Avatar was not the original pinnacle of 3D."

Check out the complete reviews linked on our website at http://www.3dfilmarchive.com or the Amazon user reviews at http://www.amazon.com/3-D-Rarities-Blu- ... B00VGXABLI

Larry Mc and Vidiot like this.
  2. Bob Furmanek

3. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

This is really cool, I have 2x 55" 3D TV's at home.
    Thanks so much Bob for posting this! :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  4. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

5. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

6. Bob Furmanek

7. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

I'm working out of state and saw a nice article about the DVD in today's WSJ, "When the World First Loved 3-D" by Will Friedwall. I'll try to find a link when I get home.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I just ordered this for my oldest son and his 3D set up. THIS is history!
    Thanks Bob!

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

I'm thinking buying from a local shop and I don't even own a 3D TV.

10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

We watched this over Thanksgiving. The comments are correct, this is the best demo for a 3D set you could have.

11. Bob Furmanek

Felix Martinez, longdist01 and xdawg like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.