JRiver Configurations

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by nbakid2000, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge Thread Starter

This is what I have now. Are there any other setups or configurations or plugins or options for something like displaying images or lyrics or waveforms or anything like that in the program itself? I know if you click on the Google or Images or Wiki it'll pull up the internet pages, but I was looking for something more in-program like what Musicbee has. Something a little more visually appealing or eye-catching.

[​IMG]

2. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Don't believe that sort would work... I've made a deliberate effort to not play with "Skins", but do a search for JRiver Skins.

3. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Have you tried Theater View?

[​IMG]

4. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

JRiver doesn't have as much eye candy options as some other programs. You aren't going to be able to get layouts like the fancy Foobar layouts.

JRiver does have some track info plugins (skins). Track info is displayed in the Playing Now screen. Start a track playing, go to "Playing Now", right-click in the playing now area an you'll get a menu where you can select some visualizations. One of the options will be for selecting a track info skin. Try the Noire Vis skin. It includes a lyrics display option. I don't know how well it works as I don't have any lyrics.

There are some additional skins available here: http://accessories.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php
    Look under Track Info Plug-ins for some additional ones

5. Vocalpoint

Vocalpoint Forum Resident

Well - for me - I did not choose Media Center for "eye catching". The UI is (and always will be) utility grade and no amount of skinning will make it any nicer.

I choose it for it's ability to deliver the very best playback on whatever media I feed it and it's outstanding ability to allow me to manage my media the way I want to manage it.

VP

6. Ham Sandwich

I don't expect the main JRMC desktop app to go in a direction of more eye candy. But I am wondering what the next version of Gizmo is going to be like. That could be interesting and give JRiver to do some eye candy kind of stuff. For example, I wonder if they could have Gizmo display lyrics while the song is playing, or display a spectrogram, and that sort of stuff? It would be more catchy for me to have the visuals on a tablet that I'm holding in my hand than to have visuals on a computer monitor. I often have Gizmo running on my tablet to control the Playing Now even when I'm sitting right at the computer.

7. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge Thread Starter

What is Gizmo?

8. Ham Sandwich

Gizmo is their Android app. Gizmo allows you to browse your library, select what to play, control the Playing Now, and some other remote control type things.

Info about Gizmo is here: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Gizmo

There is also a JRemote app for iOS. The developer for JRemote recently got hired by JRiver to work on their mobile apps. I expect the features and design in Gizmo and JRemote to get merged. Ultimately, hopefully soon, the Android and iOS apps will be from a similar code base. I'm expecting the next version of Gizmo to be different, along with the next version of JRemote.

9. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Hey - JRiver, up to a few months ago, used to spit out a little "Report" - no errors detected, etc.

Now when I rip to FLAC, it's faster, but it no longer shows the ERROR REPORT. Nothing.

So I assume everything is clean.. but I've noticed some tracks have a skip.

Well, I used to be able to DETECT that. Now I go back, make a mental note have to retag the song as "CORRUPTED" go back...

How does one get an error report or clean bill of health report anymore? Anybody know how to configure to issue little report after each CD rip? Thanks!

Jeff

10. Ham Sandwich

Tools >> Options... >> CD, DVD & BD
    Under CD Ripping make sure each drive listed is set to "Copy mode: Secure"
    Under File Management set "Auto-create log file in secure rip mode"

It only creates a log when you do a secure rip. It won't create a log for a normal rip.
    My guess is that your drive(s) got set to "normal" and that's why you're not getting a log, and why you're getting some bad rips. Secure mode should fix that.

Gaslight likes this.
  11. Captain Groovy

Captain Groovy Senior Member

Thanks - I did all that but no report generated - nothing popped up. Just the same "Finished" answer... and CD ejects. Plays back fine in FLAC... but again, I'll never know without listening to each track to know if there is a skip or blip...

So what did the "secure" thing actual do? Seems to have made no difference....?

[​IMG]

Where's the log? Do I have to look for it? Thanks!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.