Grateful Dead Dave's Picks 2015 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gammondorf, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

#6352 here. I really like what I've listened to. Yes the 1st disc is pretty laid back, but the sound is excellent, and overall a really nice vibe. Will be a good Saturday listen.

wavethatflag and Erik B. like this.
  2. hyde park

hyde park Forum Resident

#4401 came today -- looking forward to listening to it, tonight after the kids go to bed. Been on 4/78 kick the last month or so. Great month for the band.

budwhite, warewolf95 and Erik B. like this.
  3. four sticks

four sticks Senior Member

#1219 was in the mailbox today.

4. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

#2155 gets the Jerry bobblehead "nod" of approval![​IMG]

5. GerryO

GerryO Senior Member

Sticker? Mailer?

6. farmingdad

farmingdad Forum Resident

Yep-There's a 30 trips sticker in the envelope!

7. GerryO

GerryO Senior Member

Yes, there certainly is one hidden in there along with DaP 15. Glad it didn't get cut during the opening process. Thank you!

farmingdad likes this.
  8. xj32

xj32 Forum Resident

#802 here in WI...at Tennessee Jed and all is well!

9. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I'm in the HIGH numbers--13,371.

Nice try, but I don't think the 30 Trips sticker is going to make me pull the trigger on that one.

Erik B. likes this.
  10. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

Thanks for pointing that out; it has been rescued from oblivion.

wavethatflag, Erik B. and farmingdad like this.
  11. farmingdad

farmingdad Forum Resident

:thumbsup::cheers:

12. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Okay, now how's about something post-'70s for DP16.....

Crispy Rob likes this.
  13. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

#1467 has landed! Any 70's release with an Eyes is a treat.

Can't wait to dig in. DP16? I'll take a '74, '75 or '76 thank you very much...

14. Krivers

Krivers Forum Resident

Enjoying mine, but it did not a contain a booklet insert. Anyone else with this issue? I emailed Dr. Rhino.

15. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I really enjoyed DaP 15 more than the setlist alone would have led me to expect (of course, I know better than to judge a show on paper, but it's still often the first impression). As for next round, I think another venture into the Brent years is well overdue. I am going to continue to beat the drum for Gainesville '80 for the time being. If not a Brent release, then it would be nice to see an entry from the 60s or one of the Mountain Girl or other semi-recently returned reels. But the bottom line for me is that 4/22/78 was a nice unexpected pick, and I would be perfectly happy with another off the beaten path choice like that one, from any era really.

DrLunchbox, ducksdeluxe and KDubATX like this.
  16. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

The last 5 Picks have all been 70s shows. 78 72 77 74 72. 72 and 77 need a rest. I am always good with 71 and earlier, but I really think it's time for something from 82-85.

Like the man said though anything is good, especially since the porch crusher arrives in the interim.

17. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

'89 should be next, in my opinion. They'll save some heretofore unreleased chestnut from the late 60s for one of the first two volumes next year.

Of course, they could market the next one as a return of a lost Betty Board. Those are all '71-'80 but I bet no one here would complain. I wouldn't.

18. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member

Hope they don't go past 1981 personally.

19. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

20. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I've been hot for an upgrade for the 7/31/82 Manor Downs show that took place about 10 miles from my house, and it does appear to be coming up for release... in the mega 30 Trips box I can't even begin to contemplate purchasing. Guess I'll be sticking w/ the version I downloaded off the Archive for that one.

21. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Number 9685 arrived on Saturday. I would normally have immediately ripped it to Apple lossless and my iPhone for car or headphones, but i'm re-configuring my drives, so instead i was able to locate and download a flac.

Now i don't know if it was the band's "end-of-1977 sound", or the crisp Betty board, or the Pono w my mid-fi B&W P5's - but i gotta say... I cherry picked Jack Straw, Peggy-O, Not Fade Away, Wharf Rat, and thoroughly enjoyed all. It sounded great and way exceeded my expectations.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Crispy Rob and Miller92473 like this.
  22. ralphk

ralphk Ain’t gonna work on Maggie’s farm no more

I'm also a fan of this show and know others who are as well. I listened to the 2nd set last night. This is a reason for eventually selling individual shows as downloads.

Crispy Rob likes this.
  23. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

If the Dicks/Daves releases are any indication, there will be plenty of avenues to acquire files from the box set after it is released. I agree that is is dumb not to sell them as official downloads once the physical stock has sold out though. There are multiple releases I 'missed' getting CD copies of that I would happily purchase a FLAC download for now.

24. Really good versions of It Must Have Been the Roses and Looks Like Rain!

25. JayB

JayB Senior Member

And Jack Straw, Peggy-O, Wharf Rat..:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.