Led Zeppelin Remasters in 2014+ to include 2nd disc of bonus material (Pt 8)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jerry, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Sorry, I should've been more clear. There was another "Everybody Needs The Light" alternate version on the deluxe PG released earlier this year. I think THIS alternate mix, with the drone and other elements added in, is miles better.

I still prefer the original as well, which is certainly one of my top 10 Zeppelin tracks ever. But this outtake is quite nice... And unlike 95% of these bonus tracks, the alternate version is TRULY different, and not just a slightly different mix.

2. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Traveling riverside blues is lofi? Tough crowd.

pablorkcz likes this.
  3. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

Bull Moose's free economy shipping uses USPS Media Mail® which has an estimated delivery of between 2-9 days.
    I ordered last Tuesday and it was shipped the next day, Wednesday. It arrived today in good shape.

I would guess that if you want it on the date of release then order early.

4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I agree. This sheds a new light on Robert's vocal performance, which I always thought was quite rough. The "up close and personal" mix of the vocals here shows he had some power in his voice, particularly the Ooooooh! at the end. It's also nice to hear the Clavinet so prominently featured.

dee likes this.
  5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I have had this preordered from them for months, and it said it was delivered today. :)

6. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Yeah, it seems like unless you're on the East Coast, bullmoose's free shipping is hit or miss as far as getting the item on or before release. I've had some items show up on release day, but it seems like more often than not it's a day or 2 after. Not a big deal for me. Their pricing for the Super Deluxes were consistently better than amazon if you pre-ordered from them right away.

7. tribby2001

That's pretty good for coast-to-coast media mail. Enjoy!

bigal00769, macdaddysinfo and supermd like this.
  8. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

I placed my order over a month ago. It's ok, I have heard good things about BullMoose and I'm sure it'll arrive soon. I had assumed it would arrive Friday or Saturday at the latest. In the future for anything I want on the day of release I'll stick with Amazon.

9. if shipping is a concern the only guaranteed delivery i know comes through Amazon and especially Amazon prime. As soon as you buy your items you see the date it will arrive so you know whenever it ships, you'll get in on x date. i don't know any other company where you always know the exact shipping an receiving date having said that, Amazon is just one source out of many i order frequently from

10. tribby2001

Amazon charges me tax :( so, I can wait for Bull Moose. Hey, hey, what can I do - it's LZ day :bdance:

11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

For me, though, I want stuff RIGHT AWAY, so paying a little more for Amazon but being guaranteed to have it on my doorstep the day it comes out is so worth it. I would have loved to have enjoyed these Zeppelin reissues over the weekend. No offense to Bullmoose (I have had superb customer service from them), but I think I am going to stop pre-ordering from them. I want stuff right away, and I don't want to wait for 3 days, even if it costs me a bit more.

Clanceman likes this.
  12. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

yeah, same here. I'm an Amazon Prime member so I'll probably go that route when the McCartney deluxe editions come out. Got the Zep CDs just now, packaged in a small bubble-envelope. No issues though, no damage. Gonna break into CODA first. :righton:

supermd likes this.
  13. swandown

swandown Under Assistant West Coast Forum Resident

Meh. It's $4.

I would disagree that "most" of the fanbase has already purchased Coda twice, because many of the original fans have been replaced by younger fans who may have never purchased Coda. I think "once per generation" is a pretty fair turnover for music remasters.

Name an artist that never, ever, ever, ever re-issued their catalog. I don't think there have been very many, and certainly not very many who were popular.

14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I pre-ordered Venus and Mars and Speed of Sound from Bullmoose and didn't get those on release date, either. Delaying me my McCartney is a no-no. ;) I usually use Amazon, but Bullmoose had a better deal and I had heard nothing but good things from them, so I have them a shot.

15. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Buckingham/Nicks. ;)

16. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

Prince?

redsock, groovelocked and fpas like this.
  17. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I have a Japanese 45 version too. I figured it would be on proper vinyl and not styrene. Are they expensive? I paid $10 for mine only a year ago.

18. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Wouldn't he need to find out who all those drunken Indian musicians were before a release?

19. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

Happy that the remastering campaign has been a total success, mastering and (for most of it) content-wise, despite the usual naysayers about any pressing not coming from Japan and costing €300 for a single disc. Also happy that it ended with a bang and the Coda re-issue !

But that also means we won't have discussions trying to predict the tracklisting of the next batch anymore, for instance...And it leaves a taste that's bittersweet, in a way :cry:

scottp and supermd like this.
  20. fpas

fpas Just...take it easy, man.

You can predict what other releases would be released....more live stuff perhaps.

21. Use_Your_Koala

Use_Your_Koala Forum Resident

I hope we do get more live releases. But I don't think we will for a few years.

22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

I never saw styrene pressing of this single even in the US.

$10 is about the going price in NM condition for the Japan issue. That means it has dropped in value with digital releases.

After fees and the hassle of listing it and packing it for shipping, it's not worth my time.

23. that/s so your states roads get fixed. :tiphat: i used to figure the tax thing and love when Amazon didn't charge me, but then i realized all the lost state revenue...

metalrules, pablorkcz and supermd like this.
  24. tribby2001

The State can charge toll and collect license fees. No need for anyone else to pay your way ;)
    Besides, it's not lost revenue because you will spend that saved money more carefully, on something of more value to you, the person who earned it. :righton:
    However, no one is stopping you from making a donation - send it here > http://www.revenue.state.il.us
    Have a whole lotta Zep - on me! :pineapple:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  25. Well when Amazon first started, and for the next ten years or so my state California lost the revenue that I used to pay when shopping at Tower, Virgin or Amoeba, plus other retailers. you multiply that but all their other customers and it was a big gap.

pablorkcz and supermd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.