Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mikeyt, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No Static

No Static Gain Rider

Agreed. That type of editing lessens my enjoyment of a film...it almost looks "blocky". Is that digital editing artifacts?

Having said that, we saw it this past weekend and really enjoyed it. I thought it was one of the best of the series. Nice record store, too, but seemed to be a dangerous place to shop.

Mark Nelson likes this.
  2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Just saw it. Really enjoyed it. Much fun.

3. Master_It_Right

Master_It_Right Forum Resident

I saw it yesterday. It's probably the best movie I've seen in a few years and I see a lot of movies.

mikeyt likes this.
  4. shokhead

Is it making any money?

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Excellent movie.

6. FrankieP

FrankieP Forum Resident

Watched it on IMAX last night and imo it's the best installment of this franchise. Have to say, the female costar stole the show!

And then there's this record store segment in the movie which was very amusing. Vinyl is Alive!!! :D

Shawn likes this.
  7. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Tom Cruise is big time into vinyl records. There's a thread about his interview with Fallon talking about it. Wouldn't be surprised if that was his idea.
    Movie was a lot of fun. I'll probably get the Blu Ray 5 pack when it comes out this fall.

Master_It_Right likes this.
  8. Just saw it this afternoon and thought it was great. Much better than I anticipated, thoroughly enjoyable. Seemed a bit Bond- and Hitchcock-ish in parts too, to its benefit.

Solaris, shokhead and mikeyt like this.
  9. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I saw it Tuesday. It was not bad but not great either. Kind of derivative in places, got tired of seeing all the BMW branded vehicles thrown at me. I guess BMW and Chinese investors paid for the production. Ironically, they ran a trailer for The Transporter re-boot(it looked horribly bad) and that resembled a long Audi commercial.

10. shokhead

Great car chase with the bikes and BMW. really good. Was it an M3 or M5?

11. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I believe it was a M5 but they tore it up so quickly it's hard to tell. But these movies always get a pre-production or prototype manufacturer show car for close ups. The specialized one-off Aston Martin 007 seen in the upcoming SPECTRE movie is a case in point.

12. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Here's what one critic on Rotten Tomatoes has to say about Rogue Nation (and the MI movies in general):

The most reliable blockbuster series going: Five films, some weirder than others, but not a stinker in the bunch.

After seeing this movie, I agree. Top-notch entertainment. :righton:

13. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Btw, I also saw the acclaimed Jason Bateman film The Gift today (currently 92% RT), and this one I didn't like as much. I was expecting a fun thriller, but instead the movie heads in a more serious--and for me ultimately unsatisfying--direction. YMMV.

14. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I completely enjoyed it for what it was. I didn't go expecting anything deep, just a lot of mild intrigue and fun action sequences.

15. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

A thrilling ride from beginning to end. Totally worth the money

16. tommy-thewho

I agree on the female star.

She was great.....

17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

18. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

Would like to see the female costar in something else-maybe in the role of Emma Peel. Loved this movie for what it was, totally worth the price of admission. It was more Bond than Bond.

PH416156 and budwhite like this.
  19. tommy-thewho

Cruise always does well overseas.

Glad to see it making good money.....

20. captainsolo

captainsolo Forum Resident

Hopefully a 5 film set will finally spur Paramount to release the updated transfers for 1-3 they did for some European territories. The old discs they keep flogging stateside are very poor and extremely outdated.
    In other words I want a remastered Blu-ray for I that has an HD version of the wonderful LD soundmix. :D

21. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Very entertaining. Liked it a lot

22. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

The movie has now grossed more than $300 million worldwide.

23. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Check out "The White Queen." (Certainly not Emma Peel -like but she's the leading lady in this series).

24. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Watched it today and enjoyed it very much.

25. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

Saw it yesterday. My teenage son said the same thing. A lot of fun and a well-made genre picture. By that I mean the plot holes are often a mile wide but you don't care because you're enjoying it all so much.

John K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.