Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Tug Of War & Pipes Of Peace coming! (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by daveidmarx, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

Got an email to say Super Deluxe is back in stock but I can't see it, or the deluxe of Pipes Of Peace. Very frustrating!

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Thanks for the link. I just ordered the Deluxe and Vinyl for both. :goodie:

3. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

Just curious, how have the vinyl for these reissues been? I haven't picked any of them up (i've just been getting the deluxe sets), but have been considering getting Tug of War on vinyl too (my copy is beat up)

4. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

The vinyl has been fantastic. dead quiet, great materials used, and great sound quality. I will be getting every single release on vinyl no matter how much I like the record. It's also cool to own the bonus material on vinyl. I highly recommend picking some up. The mono RAM is my favorite.

theMess, Henrik Jutbring and Perian like this.
  5. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

6. christian42

christian42 Forum Resident

Wow, classy!

7. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

You got an email from Kingsmerch saying the Super Deluxe is back? Presumably for the UK "region"???

8. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

Yes but it's gone again.

9. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

Well, no. By that reasoning every potential reissue viewed as profitable would already be on the market. Timing is also a factor in deciding what to reissue, and the label can't do anything without McCartney's permission.

Wikipedia's list of best-selling music artists says McCartney has reported sales of 100 million records. I wouldn't take that number too seriously, but I think it works as a ballpark figure. There are 27 other artists listed with 100 million sales:

Jay-Z
    Bon Jovi
    Britney Spears
    Rod Stewart
    Fleetwood Mac
    George Strait
    Backstreet Boys
    Guns N' Roses
    Prince
    Kenny Rogers
    Janet Jackson
    Chicago
    Carpenters
    Bob Dylan
    George Michael
    Bryan Adams
    Def Leppard
    Cher
    Lionel Richie
    Olivia Newton-John
    Stevie Wonder
    Linda Ronstadt
    Tina Turner
    Donna Summer
    The Beach Boys
    The Who
    Barry White

Guess what? ALL of them have a 1- or 2-CD hits compilation (and often both) available new from Amazon for under $20. McCartney is the only member of that group who does not. I don't think the popularity of the CD format is the issue here.

10. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

I mentioned eariler (While the US would have been asleep) why I think there is no McCartney compilation on the market at the moment - http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...coming-part-two.415558/page-159#post-12766365

theMess and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  11. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

Amazon briefly had the "basic" versions of TOW and POP listed (on Friday I think) but their listings are pulled again.

They have really bungled it. Wonder how many sales they've missed?

theMess likes this.
  12. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

A
    Again, greatest hits compilation are for casual fans, who would have no interest in purchasing these sets. That's like saying Zeppelin shouldn't have released "Mothership" prior to the relrase of the reissues. They did and it sold well and continues to sell well. It is is just bad marketing on McCartney's part.

Frank likes this.
  13. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

My guess would be somewhere between 0 and 10 sales. :D Seriously, these sets aren't coming out for two months, and it's only the loonies (read: us) who are rushing out to pre-order it. I haven't pre-ordered either one, because (a) it's not a race, (b) it doesn't really matter as long as you pre-order by the week before, and (c) Amazon's prices for the book sets were outrageous, so it's not like I had to "lock in" at a lower price. Whatever's going on at Amazon, they'll figure it out, and they will likely still sell a vast majority of the total sets sold.

DmitriKaramazov, theMess and Paul H like this.
  14. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

The only reason I preordered Tug of war from Amazon was to use the £10 discount code yesterday which I assume will still work when the price eventually comes down

theMess likes this.
  15. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

The "super deluxe" is back in stock at the kingsmerch (US) site...

EDIT: well, it was for a minute. I finally pushed the "SUCKER" button and ordered successfully. :shrug:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    kenbefound, susyredstripe and Drewzel like this.
  16. I don't think Wild Life would be lean--I think all the '72 singles and B-sides would be included.

17. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I would also expect some 1972 live performances.

18. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

I canceled mine for Bullmoose. Much cheaper and their "free shipping" is faster.

19. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Not for those in ol' California.

20. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

i'll cancel my order then :-D

supermd likes this.
  21. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

They have free shipping?

22. well what do you expect 5 minutes later ? :tiphat:

23. Bon Jovi? Really ?

24. omg 2-3 days longer

25. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

they offered it to me.. I'm guessing because the total is over a certain amount.

susyredstripe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.