Led Zeppelin II Opinions?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cranie, Mar 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pushpaw

Pushpaw Forum Resident

Anyone heard a Japanese pressing of this? I just picked one up and have to say, not only very affordable but sounds killer! P-10101A Atlantic. I've had a few posters complain that Japan pressings are low on bass and have harsh treble. Well, I'm beginning to think these people have very different taste from me, because I don't find either of those things to be true. Lots of bass and the fuzzy guitar sounds brilliant ...not harsh at all. Just heavy and richly fuzzy.

Comparisons to the favorite Zep II pressings for those who have heard them all?

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Good luck!

Chooke and googlymoogly like this.
  3. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

I have a UK 1st press plum label, a RL and the 2014 version.

The plum and the RL are virtually the same while the 2014 IMO is only just barely behind them.

Hence if you cant afford a plum or a RL get the 2014 :)

wwright and Giorgio like this.
  4. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

My favorite is my RL followed by the 2014 remaster on vinyl

5. Dhreview16

Dhreview16 Forum Resident

I think Jimmy Page has done a great job with the 2014/15 remasters, clearly a labour of love.

I have the complete set on vinyl now, but am only just working my way though them. Of the first four I think IV sounds the best, but maybe it was recorded better in the first place, with higher quality facilities available.

I used to have the original UK plum, but no more. I suspect my 2014 remasters sounds better on my current kit than the original did on my Hifi at the time !

Spend your money, take your choice, but I would be tempted by the deluxe 2014 remaster simply to get a nice clean, flat, good sounding 180 g pressing, with the bonus of the second, additional material LP.

wwright likes this.
  6. Giorgio

Giorgio Forum Resident

+1 here :righton:

7. irwin69

irwin69 Forum Resident

Weirdly no one has mentioned the Classic Records version. Of the copies I now have I would rate:

1. RL - simply for its floor shaking power.
    2. Classic 180gm
    3. 2014

I used to have a Plum 'Living Wreck' which from memory was pretty close to the RL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.