Phish Tour Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Yankee8156, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Boom, there it is...guess they liked it too :cool:

2. Complier

Complier Senior Member

3. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

Last night's show was the first of the tour that I couldn't listen to in real time (or attend), and I still haven't been able to listen to it. Can't wait for a long drive I have tomorrow to dig into it.

PS - fantastic Tweezer in the 2nd set tonight (~26 minutes) and currently slaying Carini.

JRM likes this.
  4. Complier

Complier Senior Member

Really good show tonight

JRM likes this.
  5. Complier

Complier Senior Member

and it was alright

wavethatflag and JRM like this.
  6. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Tweezer, Carini and Sand > Tweeprise were all badass. Nice Antelope to close first set too. Whole show was really well played, but neither set was as good as the previous night IMO. Second set of night one was especially special :)

I think the show was up on LivePhish about 15 minutes after the show ended...love that!

Erik B. likes this.
  7. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

8. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Seven Below!!!!!

9. mdphunk

JRM likes this.
  10. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Havent relistened yet, but on the crappiest stream ever that sounded like the highlight!

11. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

jdrueke likes this.
  12. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Went down to Tuscaloosa on Sunday for officially my 3rd ever Phish show in 16 years, after one in Dec. '99 and Birmingham last year. Sunday's show was everything last year's B'ham show wasn't: great setlist, very few slow moments ("Train Song" was weirdly placed, and "Down With Disease" kind of petered out instead of actually going anywhere), and, since apparently they knew I was coming, a Beatles encore. The "Harry Hood" probably could've been better, but I was just ecstatic to hear it at all. Highlights were a killer "Maze" and a really fun "Fuego."

Nashville tonight...and because they're playing their first show here in 15 years at a venue that's about 10,000 seats too small for them, you can get lawn tickets for $240 on Stubhub right now. :eek:

JRM and Crispy Rob like this.
  13. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

They seemed to be overly conservative when booking their return to the South. The Dallas show was at a venue that held about 6500 people after a near 20 year absence in the market. No idea what secondary market was for the gig, but it was very much sold out.

14. walrus

The Tuscaloosa venue only holds around 7,500, but that's also a college town during non-college months, vs. an even smaller venue in Nashville, a major city that people actually enjoy visiting.

They released a very small amount of tickets a couple weeks ago and I managed to snag one, but this is the first time I've been unable to find at least a couple of face value tickets for a large-venue show in Nashville for friends. It's absurd. They could've sold out the arena here, and I have no idea why they aren't playing there.

15. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

Per @lazylightning55 on Twitter:

Here's your view if you're shut out of the Nashville show tonight:

[​IMG]

Erik B. likes this.
  16. zakyfarms

17. zakyfarms

Blacksabbathcrosseyedpaug!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    JRM likes this.
  18. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Slow-ish Piper and second jam in Mikes also great. Really fun second set!

19. mdphunk

Dallas only sold out the day of the show, and you could get tickets for next to nothing in the lot. I saw people with fists full of tickets they were trying to get rid of, and half of my row in 205 was empty.

Wish I could have been at Nashville tonight. What an amazing 2nd set, featuring probably the best Mike's Groove since Big Cypress.

20. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Next tour I'm going to find out the size of all these venues, and plan accordingly. I don't know much about Dallas, but seeing this band in a venue that small might just make it worth the trip.

21. mdphunk

The next time they play the NTelos Pavilion in Portsmouth, VA, you should make the trip. Very small venue in a gorgeous setting that a lot of older Phans tend to make the trip for. It's a really fun scene with very little hassle.

wavethatflag likes this.
  22. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Are you calling me old?

Just kidding, I'm well on my way there. :)

23. walrus

That's crazy. Nashville is the same size, and LAWN tickets were still selling over $150 late afternoon on Stubhub.

Tonight's show wasn't as consistently great as Tuscaloosa, but the high points (no pun intended) were wonderful..."Birds" was fun, "Walls Of The Cave" was a fantastic jam on a song I'd more or less forgotten about. The second set really never got going for me until about halfway through when "Piper" came out...the first half of it just seemed pretty directionless until "Mike's Song," but the Piper > Crosseyed >Weekapaug was brilliant. Was elated to hear "Slave" as the encore, but it seemed unusually slow and rather lifeless until some really pretty Trey playing in the last couple minutes of it.

24. mdphunk

Ha! I think I was calling myself old.

wavethatflag likes this.
  25. JimSmiley

JimSmiley Team Blue Note

Great show last night. Their live performances have been surprising me for over 20 years and I like it!

Erik B. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.