Super magic cleaner?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by coltlacey1, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltlacey1

coltlacey1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey guys, so I have this attached to my turntable. It is called Super Magic Cleaner. I'm assuming it has some age to it. I have been using is since I got the player and it definitely does its job. Scoops all the excess dust and fibers off of the records. So I am curious is anyone knows where I might find more of these, or if they are even in existence any longer. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Isn't there supposed to be a barrel type lint pick up on the end of that spoke? It's like a Dust Bug, which was made 30 plus years ago. I'll have to look it up, operating from memory here....

3. coltlacey1

I'm not sure, it is new to me, I have been watching it work, the brush just tends to pick up all the stuff on the record so it doesn't get to the stylus. Definitely doing its job. Not sure if it is missing parts or not. That's why I am here haha

4. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Well, i did a quick bit of intra-web and didn't find the 'super magic' branded one, but there are several from the era that all have similar 'heads'- take a search of watts dust bug in an image search and you'll see what I mean. I never found them terribly effective back in the day (circa the '70s) and without a lint roller attached to that spoke, which i'm pretty confident is what belongs there, it's not really going to do much; on the other hand, having an arm with a plastic thing sticking out over a moving record would give me pause.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  5. coltlacey1

Well thanks for the bit of info! I know I couldn't really find anything on them at all. I would imagine people lot them over the years. I know it is effective so it makes me happy:)

6. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam

It's a dust bug. There should be a felt covered roller on that plastic stem, but it's missing. I use them myself to keep dust from accumulating on the stylus. And I play albums with the dust cover down for the same reason.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  7. coltlacey1

Very cool. Thanks. I usually play with the cover down as well but just use the brush to clean off anything the record may have picked up in the sleeve. I'll have to see if I can find the roller for this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.