MovieMars

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mirrorblade.1, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Done OK with them.

2. efraley

efraley Forum Resident

Never had a problem w/them but as Spitfire said they're a tad slower on delivery than other Amazon sellers.

3. wiki

wiki Member

I hate movie mars. There's another ebay/amazon vendor under a different name that's actually movie mars as well, but I forgot the name. But in either case, on many orders from them they will take days to ship it, and I have to email them a few times before getting a response a week later that the product was actually out of stock. Then I've received the wrong product or version of a product... I stay away from them, even if they are the cheapest.

4. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Never had a problem when I ordered something from them. To answer the OP's question. Many vendors list items on more than one website. Obviously, some items are in limited stock. When they're gone, they're gone. As with most businesses, they keep office hours. If you happen to order something, and it's gone out of stock and they haven't taken down all their listings, then that's unfortunate. But it's not like Amazon hasn't cancelled an order before. If you can't deal with cancelled orders, then shop in a bricks and mortar establishment.

5. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Stay away from this vendor on Amazon (may be on eBay also).
    Ordered a CD in December, jewel box looked like someone took a hammer to it
    (not damaged in transit). Got a refund.
    Second CD order 'shipped' January 16. No arrival as of February 23 so was
    refunded on the 24th. Was given a phony DHL tracking number, too
    (five weeks from North Carolina? Ha!).

No wonder both CDs were less than $10.00.

6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Had several good purchases from them, in better-than-promised condition. This of course, was back during the day when Amazon wasn't jerking all their Marketplace "partners" around. Nowadays, the only way you can buy something from a Marketplace "partner", is if you pay slightly more for the previously-owned product + postage, than yo would if you purchased something new directly from Amazon, with free shipping for Prime members.

Sorry you've had a bad experience with MovieMars, a company I have had good experiences with.

MrSka57 likes this.
  7. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

This is a huge company, I think they just have some service/organization/QC issues. Many people have succesful transactions, many others do not. They do seem to have some scarce/limited items, some cheaper than they should be.

MrSka57 likes this.
  8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

That tends to happen with companies whose stock variety is massive. Oh, they could sift through every item to see how it's doing on Discogs today or something, but
    1) they probably haven't invested in that sort of detective staffers, instead just needing warehouse drone folk to keep up with demand
    2) a companys' reputation is sometimes made on customers finding those needles in their haystacks all by themselves.

MrSka57 likes this.
  9. planetexpress

planetexpress Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

Stay FAR FAR away from MovieMars. Ordered a DVD box set on Black Friday last year for ~$10 when the "going" price on Amazon was around $150. Assumed it was a misprint and at worst they'd cancel the order / update their price. Instead they issued a bogus tracking number and a month later claimed something happened to the package after it left their facilities and there was nothing they could do. Also claimed three times to have refunded me before I actually got a refund. Looking around the internet (and indeed the first post) you can see this isn't an isolated incident. Not worth the aggravation in my opinion.

ScramMan2 and MrSka57 like this.
  10. Pali Gap

Pali Gap Whiskey, mystics and men

Speaking of huge, MovieMars has 2.69 MILLION feedback on Ebay...in the last year they have approx 160,000(+), 2000 neutral, and 3000(-) reviews, so take from that what you will.

MrSka57 likes this.
  11. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day

I now avoid them because the last two ebay orders from them took forever to arrive and it was not because of the recent logjam the Post Office was having.

MrSka57 likes this.
  12. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

How do you know this?

I've seen worse ETAs than that in the recent thread I started. DHL is notorious for being the worst (aside from Royal Mail) in providing any updates whatsoever. It would not surprise me in the least that DHL and not MovieMars was the culprit in this case.

13. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

The breaks tore the inlay card and the mailer was in perfect condition.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  14. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure I have purchased a title from them with no issues.

What is strange is that they always list titles in the Used category as new/sealed. But never list in the new category (where no description is allowed). There are a few negative feedbacks that lead me to believe they may be a re-sealer of used items.

MrSka57 likes this.
  15. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I thought I would get chicago boxset vol 1 cheap..
    waited almost two weeks. I contacted them they said still processing..
    Yeah ok.. I finally asked for refund..
    I never had problem with Get Import cds
    The horror stories on there feedback yikes..

MrSka57 likes this.
  16. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Seems similar to what happened to me in 2016. Ordered a CD, it shipped DHL, nothing for two weeks. Then they told me DHL damaged the shipping label and it was returned to them. I was refunded and they relisted the CD for twice what I paid. The average value was about $18, I paid $12 and they relisted at $24, so not a huge difference, but not a good experience. I haven't used ImportCDs in ages, but apart from them also using DHL I never had any negative experiences.

I should point out that DHL is actually one of the most effective services at getting parcels between countries. Usually it gets to the US within three days of shipping. The problem is that once the package is in the US, their service seems to consist of the warehouse workers engaging in a scavenger hunt for it. Sometimes they seem to play tennis or volleyball with the package. I'm not passing judgment on their international services because the between-country transit is prompt, but their domestic US service is awful.

MrSka57 likes this.
  17. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

3,000 out of 2.6 million? I'll use them for sure if I have to!

MrSka57 likes this.
  18. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I've ordered from the a lot on ebay and Amazon. I just know when I do order from them to expect a week to pass before they even ship and send out a tracking #. They are very slow processing orders.

MrSka57 likes this.
  19. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

No issues but slowwwww

MrSka57 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.