Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I like her very much...really enjoyed her in Deadwood, but I would in anything she's in....

2. Michael

he got hit by a car...

3. Michael

at first no...now we are really looking forward to the rest of the episodes...

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

It's only six episodes long. It's going to be over before we know it.

5. spewey

spewey Senior Member

Here's hoping he gets hit by many many more...

And then eaten by zombies.

Shawn likes this.
  6. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Read an interview with the actor who's playing the husband/dad (I forget his name, but really dug him in Training Day!). He says the 1st few episodes are character-builders and that he was glad they didn't just dive into the action stuff (suggests that that's where it going). He says Kirkman and the producers told him & Dickens to stay away from watching or reading TWD so as to be able to have fresh reactions to what's happening. He also mentions how part the tbe 'hook' of the show is that the viewers know more than the characters about what's coming.

7. Michael

for some reason he doesn't bother me...I can say that the WD had a few characters that I couldn't stand at all...

8. Michael

Cliff Curtis...he's been in a bunch of movies and i always thought the did a good job! I like him. I was pleased when i saw him in FTWD.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0193295/?ref_=tt_cl_t7

alexpop likes this.
  9. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I didn't see any romantic vibe in that scene. Some siblings are just affectionate in ways different from others. It doesn't mean anything. I have a sister and wouldn't think anything of her jumping up on my bed while I was laying in it. It doesn't mean we're boinking.

10. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Just looked Kim up. Can't believe she's 50. Looks great!!

11. How nice of him to tell us why we should be 'hooked'. To me, that's a bit of a cop-out, and a lot of this seems like 'budget constraints so keep the special effects to a minimum.'

12. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

It seemed like it was something straight from an episode of Quincy and their take on heroin use. Not saying that everything has to be steeped in reality (on a zombie show), but maybe if the producers/writers watched Intervention occasionally to get a better idea of what the drug addicted lead character should really act like might not be a bad idea.

lbangs likes this.
  13. stuguy

stuguy Forum Resident

I liked the show but thought it was a little slow. However the ending of the episode was really cool. I think the show will build up momentum as the episodes continue

14. Michael

thankfully they built the characters up instead of zooming right to the carnage...

15. Michael

it's in the genes plus she has nice facial structure..

16. And already renewed for at least 14 more

Michael likes this.
  17. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

I thought it was good. I've watched TWD since the beginning but I'm not a huge fan. I like the slow pacing in this and it has a completely different feel to it than TWD probably cause it's at the very beginning of the apocalypse instead of awhile after. I can see this not appealing to some of TWD crowd.

Michael likes this.
  18. Michael

that's good news...lets hope they don't turn this into a WD soap opera drama...there has been way too much in the WD.

19. Michael

my wife and I were discussing this show and we may even like this better than the WD.

20. You're all over the map on this.

MikeInFla, lbangs and jriems like this.
  21. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

It has potential. I'm glad to see the show set someplace besides the woods outside of Atlanta.

22. I liked it quite a lot and will certainly stick with it through the 6 episode season. It was described in the news as the highest rated cable premiere ever so it will be interesting to see what percentage of viewers stick around for the second episode. IMDb has it rated 8.0 after the first episode so I would say it is a success so far.

23. tentimesblue

tentimesblue Active Member

I thought it was interesting to have somebody with maybe a tenuous grip on reality witnessing his girlfriend with a piece of wood coming out of her chest.

24. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

---------------------------------
    A very slow story line. They better build it up to be more than killing more zombies with a car. So far it is a one star for me and my wife, and she is a huge fan of the original.

We've been inside Terminus, been to Woodbury (Senoia, GA) and to Morgan's Court Yard in Grantville, GA ., and to see the houses from episode 1 & 2 near the Atlanta Zoo. Have tickets for the bus tour and we will do that in Senoia some Saturday as they were a gift from some friends from church. After we went into Terminus and my wife posted pictures they locked the place up. Not that far from Turner field.

jriems, spewey and Scope J like this.
  25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Saw it, thought it was boring, monotonous, and very padded. There were maybe 15 good minutes spread out over 90 (plus commercials). I'm puzzled as to why they're dragging this out so badly.

The three most interesting things in the show:

1) some occasional background shots showed gas prices at $2.35. That was a bigger shock than the Walkers / Biters / Zombies.

2) note that Frank Darabont's name was omitted from the opening credits as a co-creator of The Walking Dead TV series. The producers claim this new show is a spin-off of the comics, which Darabont had nothing to do with, but I think it's an obvious attempt to screw him out of money.

3) the look of the show is much more vibrant and intense than the other series. I suspect it's not being shot on 16mm like the first show but is instead being shot on digital (my guess is Red camera and not Alexa).

There's lots and lots of sneaky little visual effects in the show, and I laugh every time I see them. It's actually pretty good work. But I dunno if I can stick with the show unless they really ramp up the pace.

Steve Martin likes this.