Doctor Who Turns 50, who is your favorite Doctor?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by dhoffa85, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

Thank you! It was a blast photographing in Cardiff. I also got to photograph at Portmeirion (DW Masque of Mandragora and The Prisoner location) and around the many sites where ITC shows like The Avengers, The Saint, etc were shot.

2. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

They had an episode during the Matt Smith run where they could have done something cameo-ish with the old Doctors. Near to the beginning of 'The Almost People' you'll recall there is scene where the 'Flesh' Doctor is struggling to stabilise. The 'real' Doctor tells all that the others it's because of all his previous regenerations. Shot of a white plastic-faced Doctor in agony. As his face is plastic, and the plastic adapts clothes as well as form, why couldn't they have had an actor in Colin B's clothes, or Troughton's writhing about etc? Would have made sense and been a nice nod to long-time viewers. A missed opportunity there I reckon.

3. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

You had the First Doctor appearing in the Name of the Doctor.

4. Darby

Darby Forum Resident

Tom Baker also.

5. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

6. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

7. Daily Nightly

Daily Nightly Well-Known Member

IMO: there has never been -before or since- a stronger "core 4", than what you had from '71-'73: Pertwee, Delgado, Nick Courtney (as The Brig!), and BARRY LETTS overseeing the whole operation:edthumbs:.

Blimpboy likes this.
  8. Remington Steele

Remington Steele Forum Resident

Tom Baker and Matt Smith.

9. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

This makes me wonder what a serious Dr Who movie could have been like with John Hurt as the Doctor. The new series seem so trivial to me, but I know they have a huge following.

10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Dayman, fighter of the Nightman

I'm still super behind on the classic series so my opinion may change later on but Tom Baker for sure. From the new series Smith is my favorite even though I like some of Tennant's episodes better. I wish Capaldi would have gotten better stories cuz I think he was an amazing doctor.

I need to see more of the other older doctors. I really liked the one episode of McCoy I saw and really want to see more of him. I wish the DVDs for the classic series weren't so damn expensive. Still very slowly building our Tom Baker collection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.