Queen Vinyl Reissues For 2015 (including boxed set and turntable)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stagnation, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonstatt

jonstatt Forum Resident

I agree on waiting for feedback. As WhatRecords in the UK seem to be doing it for just 10 pounds more than Amazon Italy's original price, I think I should cancel and wait for reports from others first.

2. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

I'd rather buy them individually anyway. The coloured vinyl looks gimmicky imo.

3. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

I think this box is nice for the younger Queen fans, who are discovering vinyl now.
    As a "kind of follower" from the beginning I have all the originals and there is no reason to buy them again. Also - to make others jealous (;)) - it was more fun to buy all these albums in "real time" - spread over 20 years. No box set can deliver the same experience.

4. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Even right at the end with Innuendo... that album at the time, along with Freddie's death had quite an impact.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  5. It's weird that you are "kind of follower" but have 'all the originals'.

6. Helmut

Helmut Well-Known Member

I don't like the word "fan" with it's origin in "fanatic". I followed their music over the years as I followed several others as well. Simple as that.

7. daytona600

daytona600 Forum Resident

Clarity and Universal Music Present the UK Preview of “Queen: The Studio Collection” at the National Audio Show
    This fantastic opportunity for fans and audiophiles to hear the albums before they go on sale takes place at 12 noon on the Saturday and Sunday, during the UK’s only independent hi-fi show, held at Whittlebury Hall, Northamptonshire.

Five years in the making "Queen: The Studio Collection” brings together the complete collection of 15 studio albums, re-mastered by the legendary Bob Ludwig and mastered for half speed vinyl cutting by Miles Showell at Abbey Road. Encased in a beautifully crafted box and complete with a lavishly illustrated 108-page book, featuring material from Queen’s archive and the personal archives of Brian May and Roger Taylor, these classic albums are presented in the highest possible audio quality for die-hard fans and audiophiles alike.

Clarity members AudioQuest, Henley Designs, PMC and The Multi-Room Company will put together a top quality hi-fi system comprising the Roksan Xerxes 20plus turntable fitted with the VSC2 power supply, Pug tonearm and Ortofon Anna cartridge; Parasound’s JC3+ phono stage; Bryston BP26 pre-amplifier; cabling from AudioQuest and the £45,000 PMC MB2S XBD-A loudspeakers, as used by Miles Showell at Abbey Road. The ultra-high resolution system will show off the audio quality of the box set with incredible detail and help create a feeling of actually being at the recording sessions, reproducing the energy and atmosphere that was felt when Freddie, Brian, Roger and John originally put the tracks together

8. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Less expensive deal on the box so far at Amazon France. Posted on SuperDeluxeEdition.

Groovy likes this.
  9. Beholdentonoone

Beholdentonoone Forum Resident

Thanks for that Plan9 I just put in a preorder at that price!!!

10. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

11. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up, Plan9.

$393.00 is still too high to tempt me right now though.

12. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Just looking at some of the pricing £33.99 for some of the Black vinyl. I think I will fill my gaps with some beat up 2nd hand copies for £6.00.

13. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

£19.99 here (apart from the doubles; Innuendo and Made in Heaven): http://www.queenonlinestore.com/Queen/LP/

14. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Sondek likes this.
  15. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

JP Christian likes this.
  16. Stephen Birkett

Stephen Birkett Forum Resident

Sondek and JP Christian like this.
  17. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

What Records are also doing the 15LP coloured vinyl set for only £250 - and I believe they only charge £8 for delivery - even for a set of that weight....?

18. Squiggsy68

Squiggsy68 Forum Resident

That's correct - they charge £8 for postage (in the UK) regardless of the size of order. Always very well packed as well.

I have the Queen set on order with them (and the Bowie Vinyl / CD sets) via the £25 up front deposit, balance on despatch offer that they were doing.

JP Christian likes this.
  19. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

We get a similar deal here from Music Direct. $399.99 and apply discount code (SUMMER10). Now your price is $359.99. Shipping is $12 unfortunately, but still $371.99 is pretty good. £247.99 right?

Juggsnelson likes this.
  20. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

That's the best USA price I have seen so far......just placed my order!!!!

sonofjim likes this.
  21. motionmover

motionmover Forum Resident

Was listening to my Queen CDs on Hollywood Records....sound pretty good to me.

Then I tried the new Queen Forever compilation....eek...sounds compressed and loud, have to turn it down...not as enjoyable as my Hollywood CDs.

If the new vinyl is going to sound like the Queen Forever sound wise...then I will be returning the box set.

Any thoughts?

22. imthewalrus79

imthewalrus79 Forum Resident

Obviously, Hollywood Records is releasing this set in the U.S. But does anyone know if their records will be the same Optimal pressings that the rest of the world is getting or if they'll be doing their own pressings. I ask because I definitely want the pressings from Optimal. The 2009 Hollywood Records Queen vinyl releases were not nearly as nice as EMI's 2009 pressings.

23. jonstatt

jonstatt Forum Resident

Therein lies the problem. Until someone gets it, we won't know. And if you are concerned about this you shouldn't pre-order. Then there is the issue that Optimal have been issuing lots of vinyl recently with non-fill issues, particularly at the end of the side. I hate that....as you listen to the whole side in awe at the quality of the Optimal pressing, and then get the familiar scraping sound in the last 60 seconds. So you probably would want to buy two sets, to make one good set out of the two, and return one :)

24. Alan1074

Alan1074 Forum Resident

Makes you wonder why so many vinyl pressings have issues now when 30 plus years ago no one batted an eyelid about them.

25. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

No Internet thirty years ago.
    I made the mistake of grabbing a second-hand vinyl copy of Queen's Greatest Hits, which I believe would be over 30 years old now. If a pressing with THIS kind of SQ came out today, the Hoffmanites would be all over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.