Tanglespinner upgrades of Rega TT

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by craigh, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigh

craigh Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Has anyone tried any of their upgrades? The Canaro upgrade kit looks interesting.

2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I don't have experience with them but HAVE adopted every Groovetracer upgrade available for an RP6. You should check them out too.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  3. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

same as timztunz I highly recommend all the Groovtracer upgrades, the craftmanship is on F1/ NASA levels and will make the Rega sing...expensive yes and worth it

Gavinyl likes this.
  4. craigh

They are nice but the Groovetracers are above my budget.

Long Live Analog likes this.
  5. Long Live Analog

Long Live Analog Forum Resident

Craigh, fwiw I've read good things about the Tangospinner on the VinylEngine site however I've never seen the products or heard a deck outfitted with them...love your avatar

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    craigh likes this.
  6. craigh

Thanks, thats Zorro. One of my 2 cats.

7. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

What he said !

timztunz likes this.
  8. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

I got a Tangospinner for the RP3. First one wasn't that well made and caused quite a lot of platter wobble. Gus (who makes them) was ace though and sent a fine replacement free of charge. Still, I'd say probably best get a GT if you can to avoid any QC question marks.

9. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

I've had the Tangospinner for about 2 years now and no regrets/problems. Gus is a great guy to work with and a Rega user himself!!!

10. I have both the Tangospinner and Groovetracer products for my P25. I can't argue with posters above that the Groovetracer products are top of the line, however the Tangospinner gear will get you most of the way there with less outlay of cash. The Groovetracer products would look at home in a glass display case at a jewelry store!!!

11. Liquid Len

Liquid Len Forum Resident

I've had a TS sub-platter on my Rega Planar 3 for 18 months or so now and it was a superb buy in my opinion. Well made & finished, excellent price and superb, prompt, personal service from Gus. Well worth a dabble if you ask me. I would/could never consider the GT upgrades at the prices that they are asking; if I wanted jewellery, I'd go to a jeweller!

CCrider92 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.