LOUDNESS - Thunder In The East 30th Anniversary reissue....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jimmy Agates, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR Thread Starter

This is huge news for me - love this band like no other. Time to refinance the housing loan!!!!

Excuse the translation....

Limited BOX SET "Ultimate Edition" is exactly what the ultimate!
    3000 limited edition commemorating the 30th anniversary of the ultra luxury specifications for 30000 yen.
    To book early!

And recording three CDs, unreleased in addition to original works of the most recent remaster, THUNDER IN THE EAST (contents are announced at a later date) recording two discs. In addition to the same limited edition DVD, footage will be recorded only in the Ultimate Edition to add journal. Ships also composed, as a vinyl LP "THUNDER IN THE EAST", 7-inch EP 'CRAZY NIGHT' each completely reprinted the original pressings, and completely unreleased cassette tape (contents are announced at a later date).

In addition to color treasured photo album at that time, our tour brochure at that time only special booklets such as THUNDER IN THE EAST of liner notes and official testimony collection, recording notes and this works for limited reissue, reprint toy also included. Be wrapped in luxury design filled with joy with all of these box sets, all roudnessfan must-have, ultimate exactly said that permanent work.

3000 set limited edition Premium BOX "Ultimate Edition" (30000 yen)

Luxury premium BOX specification
    [CD1] THUNDER IN THE EAST by 2015, Member supervisor latest remaster
    [CD2] (TBA) unreleased
    [CD3] (TBA) unreleased
    【DVD1】 ドキュメンタリー作品 『A Documentary of THUNDER IN THE EAST』(約120min)
    [DVD2: live film THUNDER IN THE EAST 1985 US TOUR LIVE (approx. 60 min) + premium BOX limited footage (TBA)
    [LP] THUNDER IN THE EAST complete Reprint Edition
    [EP] "CRAZY NIGHT" (crazy night) complete Reprint Edition
    [CASSETTE TAPE] (TBA) unreleased
    [Special booklet] color treasured photos, liner notes and testimony vol (TBA)
    [Tours, brochure reprint: TBA
    [Reprint toy: TBA

Able to achieve its global expansion with the why, but they really mean? What day was a mixture of excitement surrounded the THUNDER IN THE EAST, and impatience, enrichment and emptiness and was? Now after 30 years, the truth is all revealed in these works;

primoridal_ooze likes this.
  2. Jimmy Agates

For those less rabid there's also a limited cd/2dvd version coming out on the same date (25 November)

3. Jimmy Agates

4. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

One of the funniest shows I ever saw was a showcase gig for Loudness when I believe they signed their US deal and played the relatively small Country Club in Reseda, CA in the early 80's. Filled mostly with suit n' tie record execs sitting at tables, Loudness appeared to have brought their arena-level PA from Japan and played what was probably the loudest club show I've ever attended. By midway through their set, half the place had emptied because it was so piercingly loud and some people were stuffing bar napkins in their ears.

5. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Lock and Loll!!!!!!!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  6. Jimmy Agates

Saw them in the US a few years ago and they certainly like to play up to their name. God it was loud!!

However last year I caught them in Japan at a theatre and it was even more ear splittingly loud - guess they can't be had for false advertising!!!

7. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

Do they ever play "Road Racer" anymore? That was the song that originally got me into the band via the double live LP "Live Aloud Alive" and the 3 times I saw them in the 80's, they never played it.

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Cool. I love the band, too. Akira is one of my big influences on the guitar. He can smoke!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  9. Jimmy Agates

I do have a live dvd where they played it as recently as 2012 but generally it's not a mainstay in their set.

10. Jimmy Agates

This looks incredible :)

[​IMG]

11. Todd G

Todd G New Member

Hey Jimmy,

Any word if the Ultimate Edition is numbered?? The box itself or Card inside??

Todd

12. Jimmy Agates

Not sure at this stage...nothings been mentioned that I can ascertain. 3000 made as previously mentioned.

13. Todd G

Todd G New Member

Thanks for the response. I ordered it nonetheless. I am so looking forward to getting in the mail!!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  14. Jimmy Agates

I'm guessing you must be semi insane like me ;-)

15. Todd G

Todd G New Member

Yes I'm insane and I got mine today!! The back of the album is numbered. I am assuming the numbers are just for this box, but not sure.

It's a great Box for the crazy fans!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  16. Jimmy Agates

Got mine last Friday. It's a great package but like all these types of thing strictly for the diehards and even then you gota wonder if you really need another 4 or 5 versions of Crazy Doctor!!

Beautifully presented and high quality all round as it should be when you consider the price tag!

17. Tim Donnelly

Tim Donnelly New Member

I was thinking of getting the box set but I wanted to confirm something 1st. Are the demo bonus CD's vocals sung in English or Japanese? Thanks

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  18. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

Awesome with a Loudness thread!
    I´m in the gang that bought the "Birthday Eve" & other early LP´s released on Roadrunner records in Europe.
    I listened to both Earhshaker with verses in Japanese & Choruses in English during that time.
    When "Thunder in the East" was released, however, it was certainly a different kind of animal, with Disillusion clocking in close, however.
    Cranking "Thunder in the East" now, enjoy!

primoridal_ooze and Jimmy Agates like this.
  19. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Great album!

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  20. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Fantastic album! Just started listening to them in January. A month later I went to a Megadeth show and was pleasantly surprise that "Get Away" was one of the songs playing on the PA before the band came on.

21. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

The letter "L" doesn't exist in Japan :tsk:

22. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

i remember seeing them back in 87~88 sometime as part of triple bill with TNT & Stryper (they were the middle slot).
    it felt like 90% of the audience didn't know who/what they were as me & my buddy were the only one standing during their set (at least in our section).
    considering this was in LA and they were promoting 3rd English album by this time (Hurricane Eyes), it's safe to say their crossover plan didn't go as planned...

part of the problem was that singer seemed to have picked up his stage banter from Vince Neil verbatim (i think they toured together when Thunder came out).
    it's bad enough when Vince does it but do it with Japanese accent...it becomes a comic relief and really becomes harder to be taken serious with it no matter how good the music is.

they played great btw.

primoridal_ooze and Jimmy Agates like this.
  23. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

YES! Great triple bill. I saw the same show at the old Felt Forum in NYC. 3 great memories: 1) Hearing TNT for the first time ever 2) Akira Tagasaki's "8 finger" technique 3) Catching a Stryper Bible :)

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  24. Ten Years Gone

Ten Years Gone Forum Resident

Hey Jimmy, I was doing a search for the Loudness remasters (btw, this is the worst possible band name when searching this forum. Haha). How do the remasters sound? Better than the originals?

25. Jimmy Agates

The early albums are mastered quite loud but the more recent version of TITE and the following few Warners albums all sound great. No doubt there'll be people on this forum who disagree though :-/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.