Soliloquy 6.3 Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by clhboa, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anybody here familiar with these? All the reviews I've read online sound like they might be up my alley. Any thoughts on them would be greatly appreciated.

2. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I've never heard 6.3's but I have 6.5's and have yet to hear anything under $30k that I would trade them for. Dave Berman made incredible speakers but sold them WAY too cheap, hence they are no more. But the ones that exist today are truly special IMHO.

clhboa likes this.
  3. clhboa

I saw a pair online for $1600. Is that out of line? They look to be in beautiful shape.

4. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Not really out of line but you might be able to negotiate down a little. I paid $2,500 9 years ago for my 6.5's. I don't think I'd have a problem paying $1,600 for 6.3's.

5. clhboa

How would you describe the sound of the 6.5's? Do they play well with all kinds of music? How is this bass? Reviews make them seem like they are fairly mellow and not harsh sounding at all.

6. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I find them them to be very natural sounding with superb low end. But all of those things are so dependent on the rest of your gear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.