Kinks Vinyl Reissues Discussion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marigoldilemma, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

If they're going to keep issuing RSD EPs, one would have to believe the next batch of albums will eventually be reissued. At least, I hope so.

e.s. likes this.
  2. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Yeah, I was happy enough with the EU reissues, but the analog versions released domestically sounded better enough that similar treatment on the remaining four Pye LPs would be very welcome.

Tommyboy likes this.
  3. Harbins_Grave

Harbins_Grave Untitled Original 11383

MusicDirect has pre-orders up for Something Else, Village Green, and Arthur - the release dates are TBA and there is no info on mono/stereo, Kevin Gray involvement, etc. But the prices are $21.99 like the first 4, so fingers crossed these are getting the same treatment.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-355001-the-kinks-something-else-by-the-kinks-180g-vinyl-lp.aspx
    http://www.musicdirect.com/p-354999-the-kinks-the-kinks-are-the-village-green-preservation-society-180g-vinyl-lp.aspx
    http://www.musicdirect.com/p-354989...fall-of-the-british-empire-180g-vinyl-lp.aspx

e.s., JakeM, soundQman and 4 others like this.
  4. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

When I clicked on the links it says product not found

5. chahooa

chahooa Forum Resident

It worked for me earlier, but I get product not found now as well.

6. Harbins_Grave

Harbins_Grave Untitled Original 11383

They were working this morning - perhaps MusicDirect jumped the gun? Did anyone try to pre-order?

7. I did post a questions about these links to Sandoval on his FB Page this morning. No reply. But I'm sure thats just a coincidence.

8. chahooa

chahooa Forum Resident

I got a tweet from Sandoval today saying more were being cut in September. Didn't say which ones or when they hit shelves.

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Great news!

10. Summerisle

Summerisle Forum Resident

Keep the information coming!

11. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

Finally got my hands on the 50th reissue of Kontroversy via Amazon and I enjoyed it immensely, so much so that I went out the next day and bought Kinda Kinks at Bull Moose. It's kind of amazing that I've been listening to the Kinks all of my life, and have virtually all of their albums on either CD or vinyl and yet had no idea how radically different these two LPs were from the US counterparts Kinks-Size and Kinkdom. (Or maybe I did and just needed reminding.) Anyways, they're totally awesome, but I kind of wish they'd go ahead and reissue the US only Kinks-Size and Kinkdom LPs as well. There's a lot of classic stuff on there, although I won't be heartbroken if they don't since I have all of that stuff already. I'm sort of considering getting their S/T reissue to save my original copy some wear and tear, but I dont know. I could always spend that money on a record I don't already own in any format.

12. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Actually, The Kink Kontroversy track listing is the same in both the US and UK issues. Just the cover and liner notes are different.

13. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I know, but by counterpart I mean that Kink-Size and Kinkdom are the 2nd and third U.S. Albums while in the UK these reissues are the 2nd and 3rd. Or maybe not. I'm not exactly clear on whether Kontroversy was released here prior to Kinkdom.

14. Adam9

OK, I get you. I'm pretty sure Kinkdom was first.

15. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes it was

16. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

All I know is that both of those U.S. Releases sound to me like they should (mostly) fall between Kontroversy and Face to Face.

17. Adam9

Not to me. All of the tracks on Kinda Kinks and Kinkdom were released before Kontroversy both here and in the UK.

18. KinksKid

KinksKid New Member

Is there any word on when more reissues will be hitting stores in the US? I can't find much info anywhere...

I think since about April or so I've seen in stores:
    Kinks
    Kinda Kinks
    Kink Kontroversy
    Face To Face

Would really hope the next batch is Something Else, Village Green, Arthur and Lola as its such a solid run.

I've seen pictures of Something Else and Arthur with the 50th Anniversary sticker on them, but I believe these are UK?
    Haven't seen the other two... really really hoping for those (soon).

Thanks!

19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

More are apparently being done but as usual no titles announced.

Mazzy likes this.
  20. KinksKid

KinksKid New Member

i remember the first 4 LP's kinda showing up out of the blue (in the US) and it was a nice surprise...
    Sounds like the Kinks or Sanctuary have a really bad PR person...

21. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Picked up a mint 80s PRT~Arthur ( open out sleeve)for 12.00 the other day.
    Barcoded ' not keen on bar coded LPs' but snagged it all the same.

22. Dr. J.

Dr. J. Music is in my soul

True, but I have had the complete opposite experience: going from the Beatles Blue Box and the most recent stereo reissues to the mono lps was not as revelatory as going from a mix of stereo/mono 60s US Reprises to these KG UK monos. I'm in love with these records! Keep 'em coming!

23. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

If the "50th Anniversary" sticker is red, then it's UK digital. If it's black, then it's US analog.

RubenH likes this.
  24. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Can anyone say for sure if Bullmoose is carrying the analog cut versions or the imports?

25. The imports are not analogue. Strange but true.