Dear Zachary

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Splungeworthy, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura Thread Starter

I know this documentary has been out for awhile, but I just saw it for the first time, and 1 day later and I'm still shaking. For those who have seen it, your thoughts? And for those who haven't-well-you need to do so as soon as possible. Try to go in with as little knowledge about this story as possible. For those who have seen it try not to give too many details. Suffice to say, this movie will enrage you, sadden (a really inadequate word here) you, just flat out make you cry, like ugly cry. And just when you thought it couldn't get worse, it does. So now that I've either scared you off or piqued your interest, have at it. It's currently available on Amazon Prime's instant streaming, and YouTube.

2. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

Quite unforgettable, that's for sure.

3. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

I just watched this. I can't even put into words how this film moved me. My God, those poor people. When I found out about the child, I almost couldn't take it myself. It's very maddening, because it could've been prevented, absolutely. Thank God the parents have a ton of supports from their son's friends. It's just...man, it's upsetting.

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Unfortunately, I don't recall the movie's plot that well, but I do recall being outraged and saddened with the outcome. A very tragic and somber piece of filmmaking.

5. Grunge Master

It's about a man who was murdered by his crazy ex-girlfriend. She had his baby, and there was a legal wrangle, both with the parents of said man trying to get custody of the baby, and the woman having to actually be tried and go to jail. The ending is upsetting.

GodShifter likes this.
  6. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

That's an understatement. Reading the wiki page alone is upsetting. It's not a 'Friday night and a six pack' film for sure

7. Grunge Master

I thought that was better than 'the ending had me crying like a baby'!

8. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura Thread Starter

Yeah-time to man up!

Grunge Master likes this.
  9. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

A devastating film, but one everyone should see imo. There is evil in this world, but then we have saints like Andrew Bagby's parents to help counterbalance. You'll have this movie on your mind for days after seeing it.

Grunge Master likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.