Albums you bought, hated and got rid of.......

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The Pinhead, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

Four sales....

2. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Wow, you bought it, sold it and bought it again in this short span of time? That's a pretty new album.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  3. Rollie

Rollie Forum Resident

My bad. I just read the thread title and posted quick. Guess I should have kept reading.....:doh:

4. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

Tony levin solo album...on some indipendent label..in the 2000s
    Stanley Clark - any of his records except School Days.

5. cdollaz

cdollaz Forum Resident

There have been a few over the years, the latest being the recent abomination released by Muse.

6. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I missed that part too; read it, but somehow missed it...

7. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Closest I've ever gotten to this scenario is with Steve Hillage's Fish Rising. I bought the LP back in 1984 or thereabouts, listened to it about twice and then filed it away and never touched it again, and ultimately it got sold with a bunch of other LP's in 1999. Then last year I got on a Steve Hillage kick and bought another LP copy of Fish Rising and I listen to it frequently now.

I don't know what it was about the album when I was younger, I think that the suite on Side 1 was a bit too complicated and low-key for me. At the time I also had Green and Motivation Radio and they both have a more standard song format. Now, having several years of classical and early music under my belt, as well as recovering an appreciation for such progressive behemoths as Tales From Topographic Oceans, Fish Rising is one of my favorite albums of that genre.

8. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

That was the first time I ever heard Duke Ellington's Take The A Train. Which lead me to buying a Duke Ellington LP

Which lead me down a never ending vortex of digging jazz. Yeah Still Life aint Get Yer YaYa's out. But I have to thank Charlie & the boys for this LP & I had the picture disc.

9. HenryH

HenryH Miserable Git

10. Maybe a Gort can deal with this, as "teaser titles" are supposedly against the rules here.

11. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

In the OP's semi-defense, I think he meant the title less as a "teaser" and more as an attempt to save space - spelling out the full premise of the thread might've seemed too wordy...

12. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I think it's probably a good rule of thumb that if you can't sum up your thread's premise in the title, it might not be a good idea for a thread! Or at least, it won't go well. It's pretty clear people are not going to read your carefully worded clarification of what you're looking for in the first post.

13. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

This thread has become "albums you bought that you hate". They looked at the thread title and posted accordingly. No one's gonna read the OP that closely. They read the thread title, get an idea, and post without ever reading the thread.

Ed

14. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

The Strokes first album comes to mind. Not really bad per se...just kinda "meh".

15. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Judas Priest Turbo doused in lighter fluid a set a flame as my friends and I mourned the Death of Priest.
    I knew there was going to be trouble when I saw pictures of the band in red and blue leather with eyeliner and perms.

edit: I guess I'm guilty of not clearly reading the op's post as I never came back to this one.

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

"Become"? It was "albums you bought that you hate and got rid of" very quickly! :)

I agree the OP may have expected too much for people to understand that his ellipses meant that the full question wasn't in the title, but I still find myself annoyed that so few people bothered with the first post.

Then again, I like being annoyed! :laugh:

Lost In The Flood and Nostaljack like this.
  17. Nostaljack

Nostaljack Resident R&B enthusiast

Even after 4 consecutive posts about the real intent of this thread, you somehow still missed its intent. LOLOL!

Ed

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  18. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

I never liked Nirvana and I saw them at St. Andrews to boot but a few years ago I picked up the unplugged record at a garage
    sale and enjoy it.

19. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Oh...o.k. I get it. Misleading thread title, though.
    Mine would be Eric Dolphy's Out To Lunch LP.
    I wasn't ready for it at 15...but I dig it now.

fastskillfulinjured likes this.
  20. Mr-Beagle

Mr-Beagle Ah, but the song carries on, so holy

Please Please Me.

21. Bright Eyes - Keep Your Ear To The Ground. I have very few, if any, records that I actively dislike in my 4000 odd titles.
    This one just brought me out in a rash. Luckily I didn't pay for it with my own coin, it was a Christmas present from my best friend, who spoke about it with a certain amount of hyperbole (I think he even called Oberst a genius :unhunh:). We are still friends, but if he pulls a stunt like that again....

Edit: oops! Another victim of a title brainfart. In that case, none.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  22. jeatleboe

jeatleboe Forum Resident

The former.
    (OK, since posting I learned that I should have read the entire first post. Sorry about that... but the intention could easily have fit right in the subject description; as is, it's misleading).

23. Stuggy

Stuggy Forum Resident

That's a weird combination if you're talking about the early 60s stuff, unless its a holdover from parents being Beatlemaniacs and related at the time.

24. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Do we happy few who read the OP and posted accordingly get a T-shirt? :laugh:

25. side3

side3 Younger Than Yesterday

"Pet Sounds". I bought it when I was a teen. At the time I would have considered myself an "Endless Summer" fan. The hits only. The non-hits on PS did not appeal to me in the least. Later when the Beach Boys 2fer CDs were released in the early 90's, I re-bought it. This time I 'got' it. I truly believe "Pet Sounds" in music for grown-ups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.