ImportCDs.com and bad customer service

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rednoise, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Same for the Joe Cocker. My preorder was cancelled with no mention of refunding my PayPal.

2. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

OT: Do you have any links for this ^ please. SHF thread or whatever. Not a huge fan but a properly mastered Best Of would be good.

3. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

They sent me two emails one for the cancelation and one for paypal refund.
    The refund is listed on my paypal account online but the money is not back in my bank account yet.
    This just happened today so maybe it takes a day or two.
    A forum member posted this number I think up thread if you need to call 855-258-9650 for customer service.
    I haven't used it but I assume its good.

4. Jimi Bat

Jimi Bat Forum Resident

Do a search in the music section for The Best Of The Doors.
    Our host announced it when he finished mastering it recently.
    Its a fun read with some photos included.
    Sorry I'm not sure how to link to it.

5. Bob F

Bob F Senior Member

E.Baba and Jimi Bat like this.
  6. Electric

They sent me 2 emails as well, but they both look identical.

7. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

Hi:

I haven't studied every post here, so please forgive me if I post something covered prior.

I have ordered from Import Cd's via Amazon & Ebay for years, blowing my allowance & averaging at least (1) cd/dvd a week-at times, many more-with very good results. I need to qualify my remarks, though.

For years, they truly shipped ALL their product from California, and truly DID ship the same day as ordered-weekends included. Inside each unit included, and still does, a sticker for potential return. The company has been 100% accurate in my experience, covering hundreds of orders. I applaud them for that excellent service in my experience. I had to return (1) cd due to mfg error-the wrong disc was packaged in the sealed case. Customer service handled in a most excellent manner-that was 2 years ago.

Yet, I WILL suggest that starting somewhat over a year ago, I noticed slightly longer delays on getting the item shipped out the door-not fulfilling orders on weekends now(?) , PLUS, the shipping started to consistently originate from North Carolina-home to Movie Mars. Not the end of the world, but a reason I don't order directly from Movie Mars is the shipping delay-they DO NOT fulfill orders on weekends.

Sooo, my question is: Did one firm acquire/merge with the other? Or do they work with each other re: inventory and order fulfillment issues? Just wonderin'....

All the best,
    GT

8. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Latest order arrived. Everything fine except they stuffed 2CDs in with an LP which of course means the LP is warped now ! (It's in the VinylFlat Pouch).

Maybe if you're in the US try not to combine orders like this. I did since postage and exchange rate for Aust. is higher.

9. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

What are their normal business hours? It's 1:36 on a Friday afternoon, and they're closed?!?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  10. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member Thread Starter

Good luck trying to reach them. I mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread that I called them for almost 3 weeks during business hours and only got a recorded greeting saying the office was closed, with no further explanation. Nor would they respond to email or messages submitted through their web contact form. I never did find out what was going on but I did learn that if I ever wanted to do business with them again (fat chance!) I would have to assume that there would be no communication between us.

11. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

So, am I out the 24+ bucks spent on the Miles Davis Kind of Blue SACD that I can't tell has shipped or not?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  12. rednoise

I think you'll get it eventually, but don't take any "shipping notice" you might get seriously. The last (and I do mean last) thing I ordered from them, they sent me a "shipping notice" with a "tracking number". When I finally got it, about two weeks later, I could tell that it didn't actually ship until a week after they said it did. They never told me what carrier the tracking number was for, so it meant nothing to me. Also, there is no shipping or status information listed on the web site in my order history - the only shipping information is in that one email they sent me.

13. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

That is very strange because I received replies from them the following day after send them a message via their "contact form".

14. rednoise

They must like you and hate me. Or, you were lucky enough to write to them when they were not on their secret vacation.

15. Electric

Same here.

16. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident

I managed to speak to Pedro this afternoon. He told me my item shipped and gave me a tracking number, which of course doesn't work. He then basically said that if I wanted a tracking number that was actually trackable, I needed to select a better-than-Standard shipping method. I then complained about how hard it was to reach them, that I kept getting the "office is closed, call back during regular business hours" message. He confirmed that the business hours for his call center were during the times I tried calling Friday afternoon. He then explained that I was likely being routed to the next available call center. I said, no, the message flat-out stated they were closed and for me to call back, and I got that message every time I called. He then referred me to their corporate office in California and gave me their number, which I will be calling on Monday.

In short, I have to wait until 8/29 before I can have them reship or refund. The EXACT same thing happened for my last order back in April. Never again will shop there.

Electric likes this.
  17. Electric

Really sorry you are having this horrible experience. Hopefully something gets done about it, but probably won't. Shopping there seems like a bit of a lottery. :(

bferr1 likes this.
  18. rednoise

I predict that you will find that is hasn't actually shipped, but it will sometime in the next week or so. They will then give it to someone hiking north on the Appalachian Trail, so it might arrive in Mass. a week or few after than, unless the hiker gets killed by a bear, rattlesnake, or hillbilly. Your credit or refund will have to wait for a notarized death certificate.

bferr1 and Myke like this.
  19. eelkiller

Maybe I used less profanity? ;) To be clear I have emailed tyhem 5 times and received a reply, the last time was two weeks ago. Maybe the message got lost in cyberspace, it is possible.

20. rednoise

Very, very unlikely. I messaged them several times last year. All messages were ignored. There's no less profanity than zero.

21. eelkiller

I did include the ;) so I hope you realize I was joking. Maybe they have got their act together as all contacts I have made have been this year. That is a possibility.

22. rednoise

Yeah, I got it, sorry to seem dour - I have have an aversion to emoticons, as if you could see the twinkle ;) in my typing.

Hopefully ImportCDs have got their act more together in the past 10 months... though based on my more recent experience and their new web site, they may have traded one set of problems for the other, or worse, added new problems to the old.

23. eelkiller

:righton:

:wave:

:whistle:

24. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Placed an order with them for 2 in-stock items last Thursday. Card got charged within hours, of course, and order gets marked as 'shipped' right away so you can't cancel. 5 days later pre-shipment info is just now being sent to USPS.

Ridiculous. Choosing standard shipping should not mean a huge wait for orders to ship.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  25. rednoise

Or if it does, they shouldn't tell you it has shipped until it really does. That's what my mama taught me was called "Lying".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.